A June 12 birthday means that your sun sign in the zodiac is Gemini. There is a lot more to someone’s astrology than just their sun sign, but this is a great place to start. You can learn a lot about yourself and those around you based on your sun sign!
June 12 Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Those born between May 21 and June 20 have Gemini as their sun sign. People born during this time are friendly, outgoing, talkative, logical, and analytical. Geminis are a fast-moving sign. Both their minds and bodies move quickly. They don’t like to stay still for long. They may travel a lot, change jobs frequently, or try on different identities the way you try on clothes at the store. To outsiders, Geminis can seem flaky or untrustworthy. However, their intentions are usually good. It’s just that they always feel compelled to follow what catches their interest and that changes so often!
The side effect is that Geminis can be hard to pin down. How do you deal with this as a Gemini’s friend or family member? Just accept them and appreciate them for who they are. Listen to their adventure stories with interest and when you don’t hear from them for a week or two, don’t take it personally.
Geminis can easily overstretch themselves because they are so active. They can go-go-go until they nearly collapse. It’s easy for a Gemini to forget to take time for themselves to recharge and relax. This can lead to temporary depression for people with this sun sign. However, once they are recharged, they are ready to get going once more.
The Decans of Gemini
People born on June 12 fall into the third decan of Gemini. People born during this time are a bit more independent and quick-witted than other Geminis. This decan runs from June 11 to June 20.
The second decan of Gemini is from June 1 to June 10. People born during this time are extra flirtatious, which is already a salient Gemini quality.
The first decan of Gemini goes from May 21 to May 31. These Geminis are even more into learning and communication than others of this sun sign.
June 12 Zodiac Ruling Planet: Mercury
Each sign of the zodiac is ruled by either a planet or a luminary (the sun or Moon). Mercury rules two signs: Gemini and Virgo. Some astrologers say that Mercury is the royal prince of the sun king and moon queen. This planet, and the myths behind it, are what give Gemini many of its qualities.
Mercury rules everything that has to do with communication, travel, and intellect. So, it makes sense that Geminis love everything that has to do with words whether that is talking, texting, or posting on social media. The intellectual aspect of Mercury is also what gives a Gemini their love of logic and analysis.
It is also what gives Gemini its speed. The orbit of Mercury around the sun is only 88 days. This planet is just as quick as Gemini’s personality!
June 12 Zodiac Element: Air
Air rules Gemini. Each sign of the zodiac is ruled by one of the four elements: air, water, earth, or fire. Each element rules over three out of the 12 signs. The other air signs are Aquarius and Libra.
In general, air signs are kind of airheads! That doesn’t mean they are not smart. It simply means they can get stuck with their heads in the clouds. Depending on the rest of their astrology chart they may need help with getting and staying grounded here on Earth. They can do that by exercising to get into their body, spending time in nature, and talking to friends about their problems.
Air signs are also sociable and curious. The other air signs Aquarius and Libra have a love of helping others. Gemini also does but in a different way. Aquarians and Libras are community oriented. A Gemini is more likely to help others by living their life in line with their values to show others that it is possible. It’s important to note that this counts as a way of helping the world and contributing to communal well-being.
June 12 Zodiac: Mutable
In the zodiac, each sign is either fixed, mutable, or cardinal. Each element has only one fixed, mutable, and cardinal sign. Gemini is the mutable air sign. Mutable signs come at the end of a season when things are changing. They take on these qualities as they go with the flow very well. The other mutable signs are Pisces, Virgo, and Sagittarius.
People with mutable signs are also good at seeing things from multiple perspectives. They like to consider all the options before making a decision. They can seem restless, especially before a big change happens in their lives.
June 12 Numerology and Other Associations
Numerology is the study of numbers as they relate to people’s personalities. To get your numerology life number you need the year you were born in addition to the date. However, there are other ways you can play with numerology.
People born on the 12th of any month may relate to the number 3. This is because 1 + 2 = 3. People who have number 3 are creative and love to solve problems. They are open to any solution. Because of this, they can be a puzzle for other people who try to make sense of the world before solving a problem. 3s simply see a problem and use whatever solution is logical which may be something that people haven’t thought of before.
People born on June 12th may relate to the number 9. This is because 6 + 1 +2 = 9. People with this number have a little bit of all the other numbers in them. They are often on a path of strong self-discovery in life, through a process of trial and error. When they make mistakes in life they need to try to synthesize a lesson so they don’t repeat the mistake again.
June 12 Birthstone
Geminis born in June get a triple dose of birthstone magic. Most of the other months have just one option, and a few have two, but Gemini gets three! The three choices are:
According to GIA, an organization that focuses on gemstone education, pearls represent humility and innocence. Moonstone traditionally represents fertility, and June, as the beginning of summer, is one of the most fertile times of year for the earth. Alexandrite was chosen because of its cat eye and color-changing appearance. It is as fascinating and multifaceted as a Gemini!
June 12 Zodiac Personality and Traits
Geminis have a kind of notorious reputation. They are one of the most popular signs of the zodiac to hate on. However, there are several reasons this is plain wrong. First, it is impossible to judge a person’s entire personality on their sun sign. Only a full astrology chart reading can give you everything you need to know about a person. Even then, it’s not possible to predict how a person will act in the future based on their astrology.
It’s a useful tool to explain behaviors and tendencies, but it is not really a tool of exact divination. You can use astrology to figure out important dates and where trends of things may happen such as a period of time when you may meet someone important, have good luck at work, or have a challenging moment. But, it can’t be used to predict with 100% certainty whether or not a Gemini will cheat on you, exactly how a relationship will go, or the specific day you will get that big promotion at work.
A great example of this is the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic. For months astrologers had been saying that something big was about to happen; something that would change the very fabric of our society. But, they couldn’t say exactly what it would be. It turned out to be Covid-19, which did upend life for many people for a few years.
All this is to say, the following are just stereotypical Gemini traits. Many Geminis may identify with these traits, but you can’t judge a book by its cover. Take people at face value and make an effort to learn about them rather than judging them by their astrology.
- Spunky. Geminis are often “young at heart.” They can even appear more youthful than their age, have friends who are younger than them, and meet traditional life milestones well after others in their age group. They may continue partying until they are older, and not want to settle down in a house or marriage for quite a while, if ever. Some people consider Geminis with this quality to be immature, but this is just how they are. They are not immature; they are just on their own path and timeline in life.
- Smart. Geminis love to learn. Their quick wit and curiosity make them quick studies as well. They are great at learning about anything that strikes their interest. This gives them fuel for their many conversations as well. They always have something to interject based on their wide knowledge base. Unfortunately, some Geminis lose confidence in themselves because they know a little about a lot but may not master any one topic. To combat this, a Gemini can focus on the positive qualities of their love of learning.
- Logical. Geminis are not super emotional. That doesn’t mean they don’t have emotions. They simply don’t wear them on their sleeves. They are more logical. They see problems, even relationship ones, from an analytical perspective and want to choose the solution that makes the most sense. This can cause them to clash with more emotional signs like Scorpio or Cancer.
- Social. Geminis are social butterflies. They can talk to anyone about almost anything and make friends wherever they go. Gemini loves to talk but they can forget to listen. Additionally, they may have a wide social circle but fewer intimate friendships. Geminis are great party planners and amazing social connectors. They can intuit what is needed in a particular social group and provide exactly what is needed for an amazing time.
June 12 Zodiac Career and Passions
What is the best job for a Gemini? Geminis can succeed at anything they do but there are some positions they may be best at based on their stereotypical traits including:
- Event planner
- Public relations
- Tour guide
June 12 Zodiac in Relationships
Geminis can have a hard time in relationships. That is because their desires don’t always fit into society’s expectations for relationships. They get bored easily and really don’t like settling down in many cases. When they get bored, they can create drama, just to keep things interesting. That can look like flirting with others, picking a fight, or even cheating.
However, Geminis who have thought about their desires can find ways to have successful relationships. Many Geminis enjoy non-monogamous or open relationships that allow them to find all of their desires in multiple people to keep things interesting. Others find that an unconventional lifestyle with plenty of traveling with their partner satisfies their itch for change. Some Geminis with other placements in their moon, rising, or personal planets, have no trouble settling down and love commitment.
Compatibility for June 12 Zodiac
People born on June 12 get along best with other air signs, Aquarius and Libra, and fire signs, which are Sagittarius, Leo, and Aries. These types of signs can roll with the changes and keep up with a Gemini’s speed. Water signs Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces may be the worst match for Geminis. Their emotional nature often doesn’t mix well with Gemini’s logical thinking and approach to problem-solving.
June 12 Zodiac Mythology
The mythology of the ruling planet, Mercury, contributes a lot to Gemini’s qualities. Mercury was the Ancient Roman messenger god. He had wings on his feet, making him as speedy as a Gemini. He had to travel to different worlds, including the underworld, to talk to all sorts of people and pass messages to them, just like Gemini can move through worlds and talk to just about anyone easily. Mercury is also a bit of a trickster, which speaks to Gemini’s tendency to stir up trouble when they get bored.
The twins that represent the sign Gemini are a specific set of twins, Castor and Pollux. These mythological twins were actually half-brothers. Castor was the mortal son of a king, and Pollux was the immortal sun of Jupiter (the Roman version of Zeus). When Castor died, Pollux decided to share his immortality with his brother. So, the pair spent half of their time in the underworld and the other half on Mount Olympus. Similar to Mercury, this speaks to how Geminis can move through different worlds. The fact that they are twins is representative of Gemini’s love of chatting because at times they can talk as much as two people. Their story also represents how Geminis may seem to have different personalities to fit into different worlds at different times.
Historical Figures and Celebrities born on June 12th
Here are some historical figures born on June 12th:
- Thomas J. Walsh (1859-1933)
- Milovan Djilas (1911-1995)
- Anthony Eden (1897-1977) British Prime Minister (Conservative: 1955-57) and Foreign Secretary, born in Rushyford, England.
- George H. W. Bush (1924-2018)
- Anne Frank (1929-1945)
- David Rumelhart (1942-2011)
- Pete Farndon (1952-1983)
- Jordan Peterson (61 years old)
Important Events That Occurred on June 12th
Here are some important events that happened on June 12th:
- In 2016, a tragic mass shooting at Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, Florida claims the lives of 49 people, making it one of the deadliest acts of violence against the LGBTQ+ community. Perpetrated by Omar Mateen, the incident stands as the second deadliest terrorist attack on U.S. soil since 9/11.
- The world’s largest twinjet, the Boeing 777, takes its inaugural flight in 1994. This highly successful commercial aircraft has the capacity to carry up to 451 passengers.
- Boris Yeltsin becomes Russia’s first President in 1991 following the dissolution of the Soviet Union. Yeltsin implements significant economic reforms aimed at transitioning from socialism to capitalism.
- In 1987, Ronald Reagan delivers his famous speech near the Berlin Wall, challenging Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev to “tear down this wall.” Though the wall is eventually dismantled in 1989, the extent of Reagan’s direct influence on this decision remains a subject of debate.
- Nelson Mandela receives a life sentence in 1964, marking a significant moment in the anti-apartheid struggle in South Africa.
The photo featured at the top of this post is © iStock.com/PaulPaladin
Thank you for reading! Have some feedback for us? Contact the AZ Animals editorial team.