As astrology has gained in popularity in recent years, people have been learning more about their own charts. To find your full astrology, which includes specific information about the positions of the planets at the exact time and in the specific place of your birth, you can seek out an astrologer or use one of many popular apps or websites such as CHANI, alabe.com, or Time Passages. This article only discusses the sun sign for people born on June 16th, but there is so much more to astrology than that!
People born on June 16th have the sun sign of Gemini, the 3rd sign of the zodiac. In the zodiac wheel, this means it is in the “third house” in the natal zodiac chart. However, your personal third house will be different, as it is based on your rising sign. Each of the 12 houses in astrology represents a different aspect of life. Gemini lends its qualities to the third house. It is the house of intelligence and information gathering. So, the sign that you have for your personal third house will flavor how you receive and interact with these topics in your life. For example, if you are a Virgo rising, the third house in your own natal chart is in Scorpio. So, you may come to enjoy dark humor, researching the occult, or detailed scientific research that gets into things other people might find dark or even gross.
People with the sun sign of Gemini are smart, talkative, and fast in all that they do. They are the information gatherers of the zodiac. Geminis know a lot about almost everything and make it a point to learn something about anything that interests them. They are often the kind of people who can just pick up a new skill and nearly master it without even trying, and then drop it as soon as they became interested in it.
June 16 Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Everyone born between May 21 and June 20 falls under the sun sign Gemini, including those born on June 16. Sun signs are the most popular aspect of the zodiac to study, perhaps because they are easiest to determine. Geminis are upbeat, logical, chatty, and quick-witted. They have a controversial reputation for being two-faced or scheming, but that is only because they move so quickly and don’t have much of an ego attachment to their thoughts and opinions. As soon as their passion changes or they learn new information, it is easy for them to change their mind.
Geminis are often social connectors. They can easily move through different worlds and can bring people together. Others simply have different groups of friends for their different moods. Either way, they love to talk to people and can keep a conversation going even with someone who is not conversationally skilled. Another side of this talkative nature is that they can be flirtatious. If you’ve ever met someone who always seemed like they were flirting, even though they were just talking to you about something mundane, they might have been a Gemini!
Geminis are also quite intelligent. They deal with their problems logically which may not sit well with emotional water signs, who value emotional considerations highly. However, they can give great advice, as long as you’re wanting logistical ideas and not emotional support for solving a problem.
The Decans of Gemini
Each sign of the zodiac represents about 30 degrees on the zodiac wheel. These 30-degree sections have 3 smaller 10-degree sections called decans. Each decan has a different flavor of that particular sign. The decans of Gemini are:
- May 21-May 30: These Geminis have the most typical Gemini traits.
- May 31-June 9: As this decan is ruled by Venus, these Geminis may be more romantic and sensual than other Geminis.
- June 10-20: The third decan, including Geminis born on June 16, is ruled by Uranus. This makes third decan Geminis more independent than other Geminis. They may have a smaller social circle, prefer to work on their own rather than in a group or participate in innovative or unusual careers or hobbies.
June 16 Ruling Planet: Mercury
Mercury is the ruling planet of both Gemini and Virgo, but these two signs are quite different. With Gemini, the way Mercury’s influence manifests is more external. With Vigo, the influence is more internal. Mercury is the planet of the mind, communication, logic, languages, and reasoning. It is fast like Gemini: it has the shortest orbit of any planet. A year on Mercury is just 88 days! This planet’s influence is what gives Geminis the gift of the gab, their love of logic, and their quick thinking.
However, there are also some challenging aspects to being ruled by Mercury. Geminis can be critical, especially of people who make emotional choices rather than logical ones. Mercury-ruled people can also be quite anxious.
While Mercury rules Virgo and Gemini, everyone has their own personal Mercury sign based on their time and place of birth. Your Mercury sign flavors how you communicate with people and how you organize and reason. For example, if your Mercury is in Capricorn, you are realistic and methodical in your communication and how you analyze and organize things.
June 16 Zodiac Element: Air
Gemini is an air sign. So, they take on the qualities of airiness. Geminis move quickly, can daydream a lot, and can have lots of ideas but have trouble implementing them. Like the wind, air signs can go with the flow and easily deal with situations that change rapidly. The other air signs are Aquarius and Libra. All air signs find ideas and intellect interesting. They lead with their brain, which can make them seem cold. However, it’s just that they keep their emotions to themselves except for when it is necessary to express them.
Because they move quickly, air signs are often very forgiving. Once a conflict is over, they get over it quickly because they are already thinking about whatever they have to do next. Because of this, they are likely to remain in connection with people who have wronged them in the past. They also move on quickly from embarrassing moments and breakups.
June 16 Zodiac: Mutable
Each element of the zodiac contains three signs. Each of those three signs is either fixed, mutable, or cardinal. So, each element has one fixed sign, one mutable sign, and one cardinal sign. Gemini is the mutable air sign. Mutable signs are more flexible than fixed or cardinal signs. They fall at the end of each season, so they take on the changing nature of these times. They go with the flow, which is already a strength of Gemini. Mutable signs are able to prepare for change and make careful decisions. They like to consider all aspects of an issue before they decide what to do about it.
June 16 Numerology and Other Associations
While we can’t know your full numerology birthday number without knowing your year of birth, we can make some numerology assessments knowing just the month and day. If your birthday is June 16th we can start with just the day. 1 + 6 = 7. People with the number 7 in their lives may be more spiritual than others. They might choose healing professions and need plenty of time by themselves to recharge. Number 7s don’t like frivolity or anything more than they need. Even in their relationships, they like everything to be straightforward.
If we take the month plus the day, we get 6 + 1 + 6 = 13. Then we further add 1 + 3 to get 4. In numerology, you always add the numbers together until you get a single digit. People with the number 4 tend to be stable and rational. They love to work hard but can butt heads with other people because they will stand strong for what they believe in. They will do well in professions that require them to be argumentative and analytical like a lawyer or politician.
June 16 Zodiac Birthstone
The birthstone for people born anytime in June is pearl, moonstone, or alexandrite. Most months have one choice or perhaps two, but June has three. This represents the ever-changing nature of Geminis. One day they feel like wearing a pearl, and the next they feel like wearing a moonstone. Luckily, they have options.
June 16 Zodiac: Personality and Traits
Geminis, which includes people with June 16 birthdays, have some stereotypical personality traits. However, you can’t judge a book by its cover. Gemini is just the sun sign of someone born on June 16. There is a whole lot of other information you can find in someone’s astrological chart that gives more information about their personality. Here are some typical Gemini traits:
- Verbal. Whether it is talking or writing, Geminis are great at communication. They can have a conversation with anyone, love to text, send e-mails, and maybe even write letters. They are good with their words and have a unique insight into people that helps them to say the right thing at the right time.
- Quick-Witted. Geminis are the kind of person who can pick up a new skill with ease, and get good at it too. This can be frustrating to others who struggle with that. However, this trait can make Geminis give up too easily on the rare occasion they come across something that takes a bit of effort to learn.
- Logical. Geminis think in terms of logistics and problem-solving. They do have emotions but they tend to keep them close. They’d rather solve an issue using the most convenient and sensible solution than make an emotional choice that they might consider irrational.
- Ever-Changing. Geminis change their mind. A lot. They often enter into a relationship with enthusiasm only to exit a few weeks or months later because their whims and desires have changed. Geminis can leave quite a few broken hearts in their path, but it’s important not to take this personally. It’s just a Gemini nature to enjoy the direction their passion takes them.
- Moody. Because things change so rapidly for a Gemini, they can be moody at times. One day they can be perfectly happy, and the next nothing is quite right and they feel down. However, no single feeling seems to stick around for too long. As quickly as a bout of depression comes on, it goes away with Geminis.
- Curious. A Gemini’s intelligence can lead them to be curious. They seek out knowledge about lots of different topics. However, this can also lead them to be nosy. They are notorious gossipers who enjoy knowing more than just facts about their hobby-du-jour. They love to know about their friends’ secrets and dramas…and sometimes their chatty nature means they spread this gossip around.
June 16 Zodiac: Career and Passions
A Gemini’s passions are always changing. They may have several careers throughout their lives. Others may change jobs frequently. Some Geminis do best working for themselves so they can follow their impulses. In general, Geminis will do great at whatever job they put their mind to due to their curiosity, love of learning, and charming personality. However, there are a few types of jobs that are perfectly suited to a typical Gemini personality including:
- Travel Guide
- Event Planner
- Project Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Office Manager
- Social Media Influencer
June 16 Zodiac in Relationships
Geminis sometimes have a challenging reputation when it comes to relationships. They lose their interest quickly, so they may flit from one relationship to another rather quickly. Luckily Geminis are extremely charming so they have no trouble finding a new interest. Basically, once things feel boring or stale they feel a need to move on or add some type of excitement. Some Geminis can find happiness in ethically non-monogamous relationships that allow them to experience the variety they desire without causing as much drama.
In a relationship, Geminis are a whole lot of fun. They always keep things interesting and will always create a space for interesting conversations on a date. Geminis keep things interesting in the bedroom too. They enjoy trying new things and keeping it fresh. However, they do take a logical approach to relationships. They think about whether or not the relationship makes sense in terms of logistics, not emotions. This can be a hurtful approach for people who are more emotional, but for logical signs like Aquarius, it can work really well.
June 16 Zodiac Compatibility
The most compatible signs with Gemini are other air signs – Aquarius and Libra, and fire signs – Leo, Sagittarius, and Aries. Fire and air go very well together. Air can feed the flames or temper them. They have a symbiotic relationship. Both of these signs love adventure and can enjoy rapidly changing dynamics.
The least compatible signs with Gemini might be the water signs Scorpio, Pisces, and Cancer. Gemini can be too logical for these emotional signs. However, that’s not to say these combinations can never work. There may just be difficulties to work through to bridge that gap.
June 16 Zodiac Mythology
The mythology behind Gemini speaks to the traits of this sign. Castor and Pollux were twins in ancient Roman mythology. The story comes from ancient Greece where the pair were called Castor and Polydeuces. One twin, Castor, was mortal. The other, Pollux, was immortal. Pollux was devastated by his brother’s death. He decided to share his immortality with this brother. The two could then spend part of their time in the world of the dead and the world of the gods. According to some legends, they couldn’t be together. When one was in the underworld, the other was on Mount Olympus where the gods lived, and vice versa. This speaks to the fact that a Gemini can seem to have two personalities because they can change their mind so quickly. They also navigate different worlds easily.
Mercury, the ruling planet of Gemini, was the messenger god. He had to talk to all sorts of different people and pass messages non to them. He was so speedy that he had wings on his feet. This contributes to the Gemini qualities of being quick-witted and being able to talk to anyone and everyone.
Historical Figures and Celebrities born on June 16th
Who else shares a June 16th birthday with you? From actors to authors to scientists, a number of Gemini call this day their day of birth! Here are some of the most historically important and celebrated Gemini born on June 16th:
- Tupac Shakur (Rapper)
- Justin Jefferson (Football Player)
- Laurie Metcalf (Actor)
- Phil Mickelson (Golfer)
- John Cho (Actor)
- Stan Laurel (Actor)
- Joyce Carol Oates (Author)
- Erich Segal (Author)
- Roberto Duran (Boxer)
- Barbara McClintock (Scientist)
- Wernher von Braun (Scientist)
Important Events That Happened on June 16th
What important events have happened on June 16th over the years? Here are only a few noteworthy events as we can’t possibly list them all!
- Bhutan was the world’s first country to ban tobacco in 2010
- Soviet Cosmonaut, Valentina Tereshkova became the first woman in space in 1963
- Alfred Hitchcock’s movie, Psycho, premiered in 1960
- The 19th Amendment, granting women the right to vote, was passed by Congress in 1919
- Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned in 1567
- The French army under Napoleon defeated Prussia in the Battle of Ligny, Napoleon’s last military victory, in 1815
- Abraham Lincoln said the famous words, “A house divided against itself cannot stand,” when he accepted the Republican nomination in 1858
- America’s first purpose-built roll coaster opens at Coney Island, New York in 1884
- A treaty annexing the Republic of Hawaii to the United States is signed in 1897
- Ford Motors was founded in 1903
- Bjorn Borg of Sweden wins his first grand slam title at the French Open in 1974
The photo featured at the top of this post is © iStock.com/PaulPaladin
Thank you for reading! Have some feedback for us? Contact the AZ Animals editorial team.