Each sign in the zodiac represents about a month of time when the sun appears to pass through a specific constellation. Those born on June 19th fall into the sign of Gemini. However, they are also on the cusp of the next sign in the zodiac, Cancer. So, they are a bit different than other Geminis. Each cusp in the zodiac has a name that represents some of the qualities of people who were born on that cusp. The Gemini/Cancer cusp is called the cusp of magic. It goes from June 18 to 24. Those born on the Gemini side still have Gemini traits but may have a bit of Cancer’s depth, loyalty, and intuition mixed in.
June 19 Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Gemini is the 3rd sign of the zodiac, between Taurus and Cancer. It goes from May 21 until June 20. So, everyone born during these dates has Gemini for their sun sign. To some people, Gemini is a controversial sign. Some people claim that they are two-faced and that they are untrustworthy. Those who say this misunderstand the fundamentals of being a Gemini and make the mistake of taking good-natured stereotypical Gemini behavior personally.
Geminis change their mind and opinions frequently. They can even seem to be different people in different friend groups. Outsiders can believe this behavior is manipulative or calculating, but for a Gemini, each interaction is genuine. It’s just that they can shift and change as quickly as the breeze. To them, it is natural to follow their passions and go with the flow, and that is how they move through life. They also always crave new energy in their lives and move quickly. So, the key to successful relationships and friendships with a Gemini is to not take it personally. If you accept a Gemini for who they are, you will benefit from getting to know their magnetic personality and unique outlook even better.
Geminis are usually very smart, quick-witted, and love to learn. They have social graces and are notorious flirts. They are known for their love of words and
The Third House
The astrology chart has 12 houses, each of which corresponds to a different area of life. Gemini rules the third house, which is the house of the mind, intellect, and logic. This makes sense because these are all traits that are important to Geminis. Each person has a different sign for the third house in their own natal astrology chart that colors how that area of life shows up for them. The sign of the house is based on the rising sign, because the rising sign determines the sign of the first house.
So for example, if you have Cancer rising, your third house sign will be Virgo. People with this placement are very direct communicators. They don’t like to beat around the bush, and to others, they can seem kind of harsh or blunt at times. However, if you have Gemini rising, then your third house will have the sign of Leo. So, the characteristics of Leo flavor how these people communicate. They are brave and warm with their verbal expression and may be great at giving speeches.
The Decans of Gemini
Every sign in the zodiac is broken down into three decans which represent 10-day sections of the sign. The third decan of Gemini is June 11 to June 20 and Saturn and Uranus rule this decan. So, people born during this time are more innovative and slightly less social than other Geminis.
June 19 Zodiac Ruling Planet: Mercury
Each sign of the zodiac is ruled by a planet or luminary in our solar system. The planet Mercury rules both Gemini and Virgo. With Gemini, the qualities of Mercury manifest outwardly. Mercury is the planet of intellect, commerce, and communication. Mercury is the reason behind Gemini’s quick wit, love of learning, and analytical nature. Because of their connection to Mercury, Geminis may feel Mercury transits and other astrological events involving Mercury more strongly than other signs.
June 19 Zodiac Element: Air
Each of the four elements: air, water, fire, and earth, rule three signs in the zodiac. The three air signs are Gemini, Aquarius, and Libra. Air signs take on the quality of air. They can have their head in the clouds and they move quickly, like the wind. They can change easily and go wherever they are drawn to. The downside to air signs’ easy breezy nature is that they can easily become scattered. Grounding exercises can help to prevent any air sign, including a Gemini, from getting too overwhelmed.
June 19 Zodiac: Fixed, Mutable, or Cardinal
Gemini is a mutable sign. This means they are even more “go-with-the-flow” people than other air signs. Mutable signs deal with change easily, but they can make rash decisions due to this nature. The other mutable signs are Virgo, Sagittarius, and Pisces.
June 19 Numerology and Other Associations
If you add 1 + 9 you will get 10. In numerology, this will reduce to 1. Those with number 1 are not the winners of life, but they do tend to have a natural leadership quality. They can be quite independent, and don’t let other people’s opinions sway them.
If you take the month (6) and the day (19) you will get 6 + 1 + 9. This is 16, which simplifies to 7. People with this number in their life can be more spiritual than others. They love to spend time alone, and use that time spent alone to focus on creative or innovative pursuits.
To get your full life path number in numerology you also need the year you were born, so people who were born on June 19 have all different life path numbers. There is also a way to get a meaningful life number based on your name.
June 19 Birthstone
The three birthstones for June are pearl, moonstone, and alexandrite. Most months have only one or two options for birthstones, but June has three, which is perfect for Gemini’s ever-changing nature.
June 19 Zodiac: Personality and Traits
Each sign of the zodiac has positive and “negative” traits. You can look at this as more easeful and more challenging traits. However, one person’s challenge is another’s success. So, with astrology, it’s really just all about compatibility and how you see yourself. Here are some stereotypical Gemini traits.
- Chatty. Geminis love to talk. The symbol of Gemini is the twins and sometimes a Gemini can talk as much as two people. It’s not only talking they like to do. Any form of communicating will do. Geminis can also be big texters, e-mailers, and writers.
- Logical. With Mercury as a ruler, Geminis love being logical. They think in terms of what makes the most sense, not what is the most emotionally satisfying. This can make them seem cold to other people who are more led by their feelings. However, you can always count on a Gemini to give practical advice.
- Intelligent. Geminis are smart and they love to learn. Geminis always know a little bit about every topic, which is part of what allows them to be so chatty in the first place. They always have something to say about almost any topic due to their broad knowledge base.
- Mercurial. As previously mentioned, Geminis easily change their minds and opinions. This is a good thing for the most part. They are not stubborn and once they learn something new they update their mindset. So, they don’t get stuck in old ways of thinking and shed identities that don’t serve them easily. To the outsider, this can make a Gemini hard to pin down or hard to get a handle on.
- Fast. Everything about Geminis is quick. They have a quick wit, think fast, and sometimes may even more their bodies quickly. They can seem to always be on the go and fill their schedule to the brim. Some Geminis get easily overscheduled and overwhelmed if they don’t take care to balance themselves.
June 19 Zodiac: Career and Passions
Geminis don’t like monotony. They may not do the best in traditional jobs where they have to go to an office from 9 am to 5 pm. Some Geminis fare the best when they are self-employed, have unconventional schedules, or work in jobs that are always changing or jobs that have a lot of travel. Some jobs that Geminis can excel in include:
- Social media management
- Television broadcasting
- TV and movie production
- Event planning
- Analyst of any kind
- Tour guide
- Flight attendant
- Emergency room technician
June 19 Zodiac in Relationships
Geminis love new energy. So, they can have a wandering eye in relationships. Of all the zodiac signs, some astrologers believe Gemini is the one that is most likely to cheat in a relationship. That doesn’t mean every Gemini will do this, just that they are more likely to have this desire. Some Geminis can get everything they want by exploring ethical non-monogamy. Others have other placements in their charts that make them more loyal in relationships.
People born on June 19 on the cusp of magic have a bit of Cancer within them. Cancer is somewhat the opposite of Gemini. They love stability, home, and are very into long-term relationships. Because of this, June 19 Geminis may be more into loyalty and romance than other Geminis born before this cusp.
Compatibility for June 19 Zodiac
In general, Geminis are really compatible with fire signs including Sagitarrius, Aries, and Leo. Fire signs love adventure and are down with an air sign’s need to change and novelty. They are also compatible with the other air signs Libra and Aquarius.
Geminis are not the most compatible with more emotional water signs Pisces, Cancer, and Scorpio. Their logical nature can be a turn-off to those signs because they are more in touch with their feelings.
June 19 Zodiac Mythology
There are a few mythological stories that relate to the zodiac sign of Gemini. First, the sign of Gemini is the twins. This symbol represents the legend of Castor and Pollux. One of these twins, Castor, was mortal, and the other Pollux, was immortal. When Castor died, Pollux decided to share his immortality with his beloved brother. So, the two could spend half their time in the world of the dead and half their time on Mount Olympus with the other gods. This speaks to the way that Geminis can move between many worlds.
Additionally, Mercury, the Roman god for whom the planet is named, represents Gemini’s qualities too. Mercury was quick because he had wings on his feet. He was the messenger god. So, he had to travel around and talk to all different kinds of people. Given what you now know about Gemini, you can see how Mercury relates to their stereotypical qualities!
Historical Figures and Celebrities Born on June 19th
Here are some historical figures and well-known people born on June 19th:
- James I and VI (1566-1625)
- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
- Douglas Haig (1861-1928)
- José Rizal (1861-1896)
- Wallis Simpson (1896-1986)
- Moe Howard (1897-1975)
- Lou Gehrig (1903-1941)
- Aung San Suu Kyi (78 years old)
Important Events That Occurred on June 19th
Here are some important events that happened on June 19th:
- In 1865, General Gordon Granger of the Union announced the freedom of slaves in Texas, leading to the establishment of Juneteenth as a nationwide celebration of the end of slavery.
- In 1937, Robert Johnson, a renowned Delta Blues musician, participated in his second iconic recording session with producer Don Law at the Vitagraph Studios in Dallas, Texas.
- The year 1956 marked the conclusion of a decade-long partnership between Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin, as they decided to part ways after collaborating on 16 films together.
- In 2019, United States senators were provided with a classified briefing regarding potential UFO sightings reported by the US Navy.
The photo featured at the top of this post is © iStock.com/PaulPaladin
Thank you for reading! Have some feedback for us? Contact the AZ Animals editorial team.