Patient, honorable, and sensible — these are just a few of the defining characteristics of the individual born on the 17th of September. If you were born on September 17th, then you may already know that your sun sign falls under the sign of Virgo. However, how much do you really know about what it means to be a Virgo born on this specific date? Continue reading on to learn all about the personality traits, compatible signs, and best career paths for the September 17th person!
September 17 Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Individuals born on September 17th fall under the Virgo zodiac sign. Virgo is a mutable earth sign, meaning they are incredibly adaptable and do well with change. As an earth sign, Virgo is dependable, thoughtful, and practical. They are the friend that you’d want to help you plan out your business strategy or plan your next family vacation.
Virgos love to be of service to others, and they are incredibly hardworking and quick-witted — yet they still remain incredibly humble. The planet Mercury rules Virgo. Mercury is the planet of communication and intelligence — it influences the way we think and logically come to conclusions. As Virgo is ruled by this planet, this makes them excellent communicators with a sharp wit. It’s no wonder that so many great writers and comedians are born under the sun sign of Virgo. As a feminine zodiac sign, Virgos are also receptive, intuitive, and quite sensitive.
September 17 Zodiac: Personality Traits
September 17th individuals are extremely sensible people who enjoy caring for others. However, they also have a highly charming and affable quality to their personality as well. This is because they are part of the third Virgo decan.
Although all people born between August 23 and September 22 are Virgos, they can all differ from each other based on when in between those dates they are born. Each zodiac sign is divided into three smaller segments. These segments are decans. Those born on September 17th fall into the third Virgo decan. This means that the natives are sub-influenced by the planet Venus. The planet Venus rules all the pleasurable things in life, such as beauty, grace, and charm. This means that September 17th people have the unique ability to charm others thanks to the quick wit that Mercury provides, along with a charming nature thanks to Venus.
Some of the positive and negative traits associated with those born on this day include:
- Overly cautious
- Workaholic tendencies
September 17: Numerology and Other Associations
Similar to astrology and zodiac signs, numerology is also associated with mysticism and the personality/direction of one’s life. In numerology, the birthdate 17 is associated with the number 8. The number eight is known to represent an innate drive to achieve and accomplish one’s goals. Those of you born on the 17th of September are highly ambitious individuals. You have excellent business instincts. This means you can be quite successful when you put your mind to it. You have incredibly sound judgment when it comes to business and is quite independent. Additionally, you have excellent managerial skills. You have the ability to organize projects efficiently and can handle even the biggest of projects thanks to your sharp business-savvy mind.
The biggest challenge that number eights in numerology face are becoming workaholics. You have to learn how to delegate tasks and responsibilities as needed. This involves trusting that others will do the work well. Even if they do it in a different way than you imagine. Learning to be patient with others is important, as you can easily slip into the role of a micromanaging boss who expects things done to perfection. Overall, the number eight represents a high-achiever who knows what it takes to become successful.
September 17 Zodiac: Career and Passions
Those born on September 17th have a wide variety of career options that are well-suited for them. Virgos are multi-faceted human beings who are capable of learning just about anything. However, most Virgos, even those born on the 17th, tend to prefer to work with the fine details and often steer clear of the driver’s seat. Those born on the 17th will do exceptionally well in careers that focus on data, science, or service-related industries. Many Virgos do exceptionally well when they take on careers in math, research, science, and linguistics. Additionally, those born on the 17th are exceptionally well with the written word and language and would do well as writers, journalists, and even teachers.
September 17 Zodiac in a Relationship
Those who are born on September 17th are excellent individuals to be in a relationship with, as they are extremely loyal. Once they are committed to their person they will be there for all of the ups and downs. They are the types of partners who will remember the small details about you, like your favorite ice cream flavor or how you like your coffee in the mornings. When it comes to falling in love, however, they do so slowly. This is because they are often reserved and shy with their affection.
Virgos are not usually the types to put their love on a big screen at a sports event and shout it from rooftops. For them, love is in the small details. Love is about taking out the trash when your partner has had a long day. Or perhaps, putting on your partner’s favorite show when you know they’re feeling down. The biggest obstacle that many September 17th individuals have when it comes to love is their high expectations of others. They have extremely high standards, and if the person doesn’t fit them, then they won’t waste their time on the relationship. Still, it is an important lesson for many Virgos to learn that people are human, and putting them up on a pedestal only leads to shattered expectations.
Compatible Signs for September 17 Zodiacs
As we mentioned above, people born on September 17th are naturally reserved when it comes to displaying affection. However, once a Virgo feels safe around you, they will be happy to show you love in lots of thoughtful ways. Virgos prefer to show someone that they care by being an incredibly helpful and dependable partner. They can also be a bit fussy, which means that they need a partner who is patient with them and can understand their need for order. When it comes to the most compatible signs for September 17 zodiac signs are earth and water signs.
The best matches include:
- Taurus — A Taurus and a Virgo are a match made in heaven. These two are soulmates as their sun signs are trine (four signs apart). They are both earth signs which means that they value dependability, security, and stability in all areas of their lives. Taurus is ruled by Venus. It is known for making a home beautiful, serene, and a wonderful place to live in. Meanwhile, Virgo will make sure that everything is running properly behind the signs. Together, these two signs understand each other on an intuitive level and will be very happy.
- Cancer — When it comes to two signs who are happy to help one another, there is no better match than a Cancer and a Virgo. Cancer is a water sign, which means that they are highly sensitive and intuitive. The sign of Cancer also rules the home and these homebodies will always make sure that they and their loved ones are secure and happy. Together, these two signs blend water and earth, creating a beautiful balance between logic and emotion.
- Capricorn — When it comes to taking care of business, there is no better match for a Virgo than a Capricorn. Capricorn is another earth sign that values hard work and the ability to create something tangible with their partner. Virgos will immediately recognize and admire the strength and tenacity that Capricorn brings to the relationship. Capricorns will appreciate how well Virgo keeps the relationship together thanks to their attention to detail. Together, these two signs will build a long-lasting relationship.
- Pisces — They say that opposites attract, and that’s definitely the truth when it comes to Pisces and Virgo. Pisces is the exact opposite sign to Virgo, and as such, they rule the spiritual and emotional sides of human nature. The combination of Virgo’s practical nature and the dreaminess of Pisces can create an out-of-this-world connection between two very distinct worlds. However, these two have to remember to compromise!
Historical Figures and Celebrities born on September 17
Are you curious about who else shares your birthday? There are a lot of interesting celebrities and public figures who were born on September 17.
Some of them include the following:
- Patrick Mahomes II — NFL quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs. Patrick Mahomes II led the team to Superbowl Victory twice, once in 2020 and then again in 2023. He was awarded the Super Bowl MVP for his performance, making him the second black quarterback to be awarded it and the youngest overall as well.
- Hank Williams — Country singer and songwriter Hank Williams is considered one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century. He influenced many artists, including Elvis Presley, Chuck Barry, and Johnny Cash.
- John Ritter — Actor and comedian John Ritter is best known for his performance as Jack Tripper on the hit television sitcom Three’s Company. His role in Three’s Company earned him a Golden Globe and Emmy Award. He was also in many movies and Broadway shows.
- Cassandra Peterson – Actress Cassandra Peterson is best known for her role as Elvira in the show Elvira’s Movie Macabre and the film Elvira: Mistress of the Dark. Her performance gave way to many Elvira-themed novels, comic books, and games.
Important Events That Occurred on September 17
You may find interest in some important events that took place on this date. You’ll be excited to know that there are many fascinating events that took place on September 17 that are worth noting.
Some of these important events include:
- September 17, 1849 — On this date, Harriet Tubman and her two brothers first escaped slavery from their Maryland plantation. Through her bravery and determination, she was able to then free many other slaves thanks to the help of the Underground Railroad.
- September 17, 1947 — Jackie Robinson is named Rookie of the Year by The Sporting News.
- September 17, 1964 — “Baby Love” is released by the Supremes. The song became the group’s second U.S. chart-topping single.
- September 17, 1982 — George Thorogood & The Destroyers originally release the song “Bad to the Bone”.
The photo featured at the top of this post is © iStock.com/Alexey Surgay
Thank you for reading! Have some feedback for us? Contact the AZ Animals editorial team.