Astrology has been popular and present in the lives of humans since the 4th century, if not long before that. While you may be aware of your sun sign or the zodiac sign associated with your birthday, did you know that there are further meanings to be distilled from your specific birthday? Today, we’ll be discussing any of you born on September 6th.
Not only will we break down some basic information about your sun or primary zodiac sign. We’ll also address some of your personality traits, passions, what you might be like in a relationship, and much more. September 6th birthdays unite- this information is all about you! Here’s what makes you special and some other zodiac signs that you might even be compatible with.
September 6 Zodiac Sign: Virgo
If your birthday falls anywhere from August 23rd to September 22nd, you are a Virgo. Ruled by the planet Mercury and associated with the element of earth, Virgos are the second of three earth signs on the astrological wheel (preceded by Taurus and followed by Capricorn).
Having a sun sign in Virgo means you are the 6th zodiac sign on the astrological wheel. If your birthday is September 6th, you also fall within the second decan of the sign of Virgo. This is where things get a little confusing, but we’ll clear things up quickly!
All zodiac signs take up 30 degrees on the astrological wheel. These 30 degrees are further broken down into ten-degree increments, ruled by other signs and planets to a small extent. Only zodiac signs of the same element make up these 30 degrees, so the decans for Virgo are broken down as follows:
- 1st decan, from August 23rd to roughly September 1st: Virgo decan (Mercury ruler and strongest Virgo personality)
- 2nd decan, from September 2nd to roughly September 11th: Capricorn decan (Saturn ruler)
- 3rd decan, from September 12th to roughly September 22nd: Taurus decan (Venus ruler)
If this doesn’t quite make sense yet, that’s alright– astrology is an ancient and comprehensive art form that takes plenty of practice! To start, let’s go into how a September 6th zodiac manifests, both in personality and interpersonal relationships.
September 6 Zodiac: Personality Traits
Anyone born on September 6th is a Virgo, which means you are likely hardworking, intellectual, and precise or organized in many specific ways. Virgos are often associated with nitpicking and high expectations, but these expectations are typically only placed on the self rather than on others. Virgos have huge hearts and do a lot for others without the need for recognition or thanks, which can also lead these hard workers into burnout territory!
Having a September 6th birthday means that you are in Virgo’s second decan. While your entire sun sign is ruled by Mercury (a planet known for communication, clarity, and curiosity), the second decan is associated with Capricorn and therefore ruled in part by the planet Saturn (a planet known for discipline, responsibility, and morality).
Therefore, having a September 6th birthday means you are even more hardworking and disciplined than Virgos born in other decans. Saturn may also give you a bit more of a dominant and authoritative personality, as well as a sense of justice and ethical behavior. However, some Virgos born during the second decan may find Saturn’s influence tricky to navigate, as so many rules and morals can make the already-strict Virgo even more stressed out!
September 6 Zodiac: Career and Passions
With a September 6th birthday, you likely have a career-oriented personality. With both the influence of Mercury and Saturn, Virgos born on September 6th want to achieve a lot of monetary success in their work as well as a personal sense of pride. No matter how long it takes, Virgos born in the second decan want nothing more than to enjoy a job well done.
Choosing a career that requires a false personality or something that goes against your morals will likely not work in the long run for a September 6th zodiac. However, Virgos born in the second decan can likely handle a bit more of the spotlight compared to other decan Virgos. Authority and management positions likely bring you a sense of responsibility and come with a higher paycheck to satisfy you too!
Some potential careers and passions that may appeal to a September 6th zodiac sign include:
- Research of any type (historical, scientific, etc)
- Personal assistant
- Mid-tier management positions in many industries
- Detail-oriented work (mechanical or coding-based)
September 6 Zodiac: Strengths and Weaknesses
With careers and passions in mind, it’s important to take a look at the strengths and weaknesses associated with a September 6th birthday. All Virgos work hard and communicate well, with a desire to exceed not only their high standards but also the standards of others. This is how September 6th zodiacs (or any Virgo) can get themselves into trouble. Meeting such high standards is never an easy task, and it often leaves Virgos feeling drained and uninspired.
September 6th Virgos have a huge analytical mind. This authority to their personalities may come across as cold and calculating. This may make it difficult for them to connect to others, though Virgo’s association with Mercury can help with any communication issues! However, this authority and determination may make September 6th zodiacs blunt and incapable of seeing how someone else might be feeling in a given situation, despite their desires to help and serve others.
Finally, all Virgos are known for their perfectionistic personalities, and these traits can be harmful if taken too far. While a September 6th birthday is likely a high achiever, this aspect of their personality can be taken too far. Whether it manifests in passive-aggressive ways or simply negative self-talk, Virgos truly need to slow down and practice more patience with themselves and others.
September 6: Numerology and Other Associations
Given that Virgos are the 6th sign of the zodiac, having a September 6th birthday has many associations with the number 6. There are many aspects of astrology and numerology that go hand in hand. The number 6 has strong associations with the heart, service, and empathy. These are all fantastic traits echoed in the Virgo personality, especially when it comes to serving others.
A September 6th birthday is a great combination of diligence, authority, and empathy. With the number 6 so present in your life, this likely means you have the desire to serve others in whatever way you can. You have a big heart and it is usually in the right place! The number six likely brings a protective and supportive aura into your personality. It makes you a person that many people turn to in times of stress and unknown outcomes.
September 6 Zodiac in a Relationship
The September 6th zodiac has a lot to offer in a relationship. All Virgos make excellent caretakers and partners, with detail-oriented and occasionally analytical ways of loving. With a more authoritative influence from Saturn, September 6th zodiacs want to provide for their partners. Whether it be emotionally, sexually, financially, or otherwise, this Virgo wants to be important to their partner and reliable overall.
However, a September 6th zodiac may also be bossier than other Virgo birthdays. With such authority may come a sense of empowerment and control that doesn’t manifest healthily in a relationship. While all Virgos want to keep their partners happy more than anything, a September 6th Virgo may struggle with a partner that doesn’t recognize, appreciate, or take their advice.
Finding someone with an equal amount of spontaneity and groundedness will attract a September 6th zodiac. You likely want a partner that is good at letting the little things go but also someone who knows when something is important to you. A person with an intellectual mind and a vibrant, interesting lifestyle will keep you occupied for a long time.
Patience is key for any Virgo, but especially a September 6th Virgo. Having an outlet is important for processing aspects of your relationship as well as relaxing. It is often difficult for Virgos to relax, which may make them agitated and irritable when put on the spot by their partner. Maintaining your emotions and day-to-day life will only help you thrive in a romantic relationship if you were born on September 6th!
Compatible Signs for September 6 Zodiacs
The average September 6th zodiac sign needs to remember how to have fun in love. While the rest of your astrological birth chart will inform who you are most compatible with in love, all Virgos struggle with letting go of the mundane and the necessary in order to thrive in a passionate and romantic place.
A September 6th birthday needs reassurance that their day-to-day life will not be compromised by a relationship, but also they desperately crave an interesting relationship. Someone who demonstrates an interest in a variety of things will attract a Virgo, especially if that someone is a master of many things too!
Matches for September 6 Zodiacs
Some signs and placements for a September 6th birthday to consider spending your time with include:
- Gemini. Likely a better friend than lover, Geminis always want to learn new things. Mutable like Virgos, Geminis are open to just about any activity and have a childlike curiosity that most Virgos find charming, interesting, and entertaining.
- Taurus. Often considered the most luxurious earth sign, Taurus placements understand the Virgo need for stability. They are reliable but more relaxed compared to Virgos, which may be exactly what you need after a long day at work!
- Scorpio. If there’s one thing that Scorpios do well, it’s noticing the details. And Virgos are all about details! A Scorpio placement will want to know everything about a busy and detail-oriented Virgo without making the Virgo feel put on the spot. This is a deep and passionate romance, so long as the Virgo isn’t too afraid to show their most vulnerable self to a Scorpio!
- Pisces. Also mutable, Pisces are opposite Virgos on the astrological wheel. There is a strong attraction there, as well as a clear understanding of one another. Both Pisces and Virgos care for one another like no other sign can. Plus, there is a maturity and depth to Pisces that many Virgos cherish.
- Capricorn. Given that a September 6th birthday is partially ruled by Capricorn in the second decan, most Capricorn placements will have a lot to offer this zodiac sign. While you may run the risk of butting heads if you have opposing goals, most Capricorns and Virgos get along quite well. Their sense of responsibility and material stability is likely attractive and easy to understand!
Historical Figures and Celebrities born on September 6th
- Freya Allan
- Justina Machado
- Lauren Lapkus
- Rosie Perez
- Naomie Harris
- Asher Angel
- Chad L. Coleman
- Betsy Russell
- Graham Wardle
- Anne Lockhart
- Swoosie Kurtz
- Anika Noni Rose
Important Events That Occurred on September 6th
- On September 6, 2007, the Israeli air force performed Operation Orchard to destroy a suspected nuclear reactor in Syria.
- In 1999, pro-Indonesia militia killed more than 200 people who had taken refuge in a church in East Timor following the results of an independence referendum.
- On this day in 1968, Swaziland became an independent nation from British rule after being a protectorate since 1902.
- Louisa Ann Swain became the first woman to vote in the US elections in Wyoming in 1870, although women weren’t officially granted voting rights until 1920.
- On September 6, 1522, the Spanish ship Victoria became the first to complete a circumnavigation of the world. The voyage began with 260 crew members and 5 ships in 1519; however, only 18 crew members returned to Spain aboard Victoria after the death of explorer Ferdinand Magellan.
The photo featured at the top of this post is © iStock.com/Maria Hernandez
Thank you for reading! Have some feedback for us? Contact the AZ Animals editorial team.