|Best Overall||Furbo Full HD Wifi Dog Treat Dispenser & Camera|
|Best Compact||Kasa Indoor Pan/Tilt Smart Security Camera|
|Best Budget||Neos SmartCam | Wi-Fi SmartHome Security Camera|
|Best Wireless||Wyze Cam Outdoor 1080p HD Battery Powered Pet Camera Add-On Unit|
- Leaving your dog alone, whether it be for work or a vacation, can cause separation anxiety in your dog or yourself! A dog camera can help waylay fears by allowing you to see and communicate with your beloved pup.
- Many dog cameras come with features like 360 degree rotation to view your pet from any angle, two way audio, and SD or cloud storage capabilities.
- Some dog cameras can be synched to Smart technologies to allow you some control of your dog’s environment from afar. Others even dispense dog treats!
Whether you travel a lot or just want to check in on your pup during the day, a dog camera can be incredibly beneficial for pet owners. Many dogs with separation anxiety find relief knowing their owner is just on the other side of the lens and can check-in at any time!
With so many different options available, it can be hard to know which of the best dog cameras will meet your needs. Perhaps you need a camera that can move or one that has plenty of cloud storage. If you have a puppy, you’ll likely want one that has reward features, including dispensing treats!
There are plenty of easy-to-use and affordable camera options to fit every dog owner’s needs. We’ve done the work for you and found the top four that stand out from the competition. Let’s take a look at what made the cut.
A-Z-Animals Top Picks for Best Dog Camera
- Furbo Full HD Wifi Dog Treat Dispenser & Camera
- Camera quality is unbeatable with 1080p Full HD
- Comes with a handy smartphone app
- Has night vision and two-way audio
- Can be set up in 3 easy steps
- Kasa Indoor Pan/Tilt Smart Security Camera
- 1080p HD Dog Camera and Monitor 2.4GHz for Motion Detection with Night Vision
- Includes Cloud & SD Card Storage
- Compatible with Alexa & Google Home
- Smart capabilities and two-way audio function
- Neos SmartCam | Wi-Fi SmartHome Security Camera
- An affordable option with a ton of great features
- Provides 1080p Full HD quality
- Can rotate up to 110 degrees
- Base is magnetic and comes with adhesive grips
- Wyze Cam Outdoor 1080p HD Battery Powered Pet Camera Add-On Unit
#1 Best Overall Dog Camera: Furbo Dog Camera
Through our research, we’ve found that the best overall dog camera is the popular Furbo camera. One of the many reasons it topped the other options is due to a plethora of incredible features. Not only is the camera quality unbeatable with 1080p Full HD, it even has night vision and two-way audio!
The Furbo camera will send a notification to your phone if your dog is barking. A handy smartphone app makes it easy to give your dog a treat, from anywhere in the world! Pet owners can take photos and record videos at any time. The appearance of this camera can give a modern touch to any room in your home with a sleek bamboo top.
#2 Best Compact Dog Camera: Kasa Indoor Pan/Tilt Smart Security Camera
If you’re looking for a compact dog camera that looks attractive in your home and can easily fit on shelves, window sills, and side tables, consider the Kasa Indoor Pan/Tilt Smart Security Camera. One of the best features of this camera is that it can rotate up to 360 degrees, and also includes a pan tilt. This makes it easy to keep an eye on your dog, no matter where it is in the room.
The built-in night vision is a great option for those who work overnights or are traveling, and allows visibility up to 30 feet. Another thing dog owners love about this camera is that it has a microphone and two-way audio, making it easy to talk to your pet from wherever you may be. It’s compatible with Alexa and Google Home, and can be synced with Smart actions.
#3 Best Budget Dog Camera: Neos SmartCam
Whether you’re on a tight budget or just don’t want to shell out hundreds of dollars on a pet camera, the Neos SmartCam is an affordable option that still has a ton of great features. For less than $50 on average, this dog camera provides 1080p Full HD quality with a lens that can rotate up to 110 degrees.
You’ll also enjoy the built-in two-way audio, connection to Amazon Alexa, and night vision. The footage recorded can be stored online for up to two weeks. Easily one of our favorite things about the Neos SmartCam is that the base is magnetic and it comes with adhesive grips, allowing you to place the camera just about anywhere in your home.
#4 Best Wireless Dog Camera: Wyze Outdoor Wire-Free Pet Camera
Sometimes our furry friends like to chew on cords, which is one reason we chose a wireless option! The Wyze Outdoor Wire-Free Pet Camera has everything you need to keep an eye on your pup, even if he’s outside!
Our favorite feature of this dog camera is that it’s weather-resistant and can be placed on a porch, deck, or other outdoor areas to keep your dog in view, especially when he’s playing in the backyard! It has night vision that captures up to 25 feet away.
The 1080P Full HD lens makes pictures crystal clear and the passive infrared motion detection can sense the body heat of both animals and humans. The footage is uploaded online for free and can be watched for up to two weeks.
- Weather-resistant and can be placed on a porch or deck
- Has night vision that captures up to 25 feet away
- 1080P Full HD lens makes pictures crystal clear
- Footage is uploaded online for free
Choosing the Best: What to Look For
As we mentioned earlier, it can be hard to know what to look for when buying a dog camera. Consider how much time you spend away from home and what you’re planning on using the dog camera for.
For example, if you travel a few times a year, the features of the camera might be a little less important than if you needed to keep an eye on your pup every day while you’re at work. Here are some of the things to keep in mind when shopping around for a pet camera.
One of the most desired features is a camera that rotates. This is because it gives you the power to follow your dog around the room, even when you’re not home. You’re able to better keep a close eye on him, even if he’s sleeping in the corner of the room. Having a camera with rotating capabilities also gives you more options as to where you can put your camera.
The quality of the camera lens is one of the more obvious features. As you read above, 1080p HD is the sought out standard. This puts old, grainy, and pixelated footage a thing of the past. You want to see your furry friend as clear as possible when you’re not home and having great camera quality is just the way to do so!
Lastly, having audio capabilities helps both dogs and their owners. If you look at the camera and don’t see your dog in sight, this allows you to call their name and get their attention. Hearing your voice can raise their spirits and bring a sense of calm to pets with separation anxiety.
The Different Types of Dog Cameras: Pros and Cons Compared
There are a handful of different types of pet cameras available on the market. No matter which one you end up choosing, there will be benefits and disadvantages compared to other cameras. Here are some of the main pros and cons of dog cameras.
- Rotating cameras: Rotating cameras make it easy to see your pet, wherever they are in the room but tend to be a little pricey compared to stationary cameras.
- Treat dispensing cameras: Cameras that dispense treats are a great way to reward your dog from anywhere in the world. These cameras can usually only fit very small dog treats.
Our Criteria and Experience: How We Chose the Best
We researched multiple dog cameras on the market with certain criteria in mind to judge which ones best fit the needs of our valued readers. With so many options, it was tough to narrow that list down, but it finally came down to these factors: easy installation, value, picture quality, and features.
- Easy Installation: We looked for products that presented the least hassle possible when it comes to installing them. It’s very important to read product descriptions to make sure they are compatible with your particular set-up, especially if you are aiming to use them with Smart technology. Obviously, the more high-tech you want to go, the longer it may take to set the system up.
- Value: Depending on the features you want, the prices will vary. Our overall pick is the most expensive, but it sports the treat dispensing function. Our other cameras range from $35-$80, so there’s sure to be one in the mix that fits your needs.
- Picture Quality: We would hope that any camera presents a clear picture. But if you want to be able to see your pet clearly, then consider one of the options we researched, as all have been tested for relaying quality images so you can rest assured that your pet is doing fine while you’re away.
- Features: Our overall pick may be the priciest, but it also dispenses treats, making that a favorite feature among customers and their pets! We think it’s better to get a dog camera that rotates to be able to see your pup from anywhere in the room, which several of the cameras on our list do. Many dogs get anxious when their owner leaves the house. Having a camera with two-way audio can help soothe their anxiety by calling their name or simply talking to them. We also looked for options that you can sync with smart devices.
Summary of the Best Dog Cameras
|1||Overall||Furbo Dog Camera|
|2||Compact||Kasa Indoor Pan/Tilt Smart Security Camera|
|4||Wireless||Wyze Outdoor Wire-Free Pet Camera|
- The 3 Best Dog Tents You Should Buy: Reviewed for 2022 So your dog is insisting on it’s very own tent for your next camping trip! Indulge in one of these recommended dog tents to make your dog happy.
- The Best Treats For Diabetic Dogs for 2022 – Reviewed and Ranked If your dog is diabetic, it can be a challenge to find it healthy treats that won’t elevate its blood sugar levels. Try one of our suggestions for the best dog treats for diabetic dogs.
- The Best Tug Toys for Dogs for 2022 – Reviewed and Ranked Does your dog think he’s a “Rum-tum-tugger?” If he loves tug toys, check out our list of the best dog tug toys on the market.
The Best Dog Camera for 2022 – Reviewed and Ranked FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Are dog cameras a good idea?
A pet camera can be an incredibly useful device for several reasons. Not only does it keep you virtually close to your dog, but it can also help you monitor their behavior at all times.
Can I use my laptop as a pet camera?
Technically, you can. We advise against it for a number of reasons. A laptop camera is stationary and will only capture your dog when they’re in a certain spot where the camera is pointed. In addition, the quality tends to be lower and most laptops don’t automatically upload footage to the cloud.
Should I keep my dog camera always on?
That’s entirely up to your lifestyle. If your dog has been ripping apart furniture and you want to have a close eye on them at all times, it may be in your best interest to keep it on. If your pup gets nervous when you run errands, you’ll only need it on when you leave the house.