When you have dogs or even just one dog, keeping all of their supplies neat and organized can be a challenge. You want their leash and collar right by the door in a convenient spot for the next walk, but they can take up a lot of space on the floor or become an eyesore if left on a table. Some dogs also enjoy chewing their leashes and will do so if they are left within their reach.
Dog leash holders offer the perfect solution to all of these problems. They enable you to keep your dog’s leash, collar, and other accessories organized and easy to grab when needed. Many leash holders offer a simple design, while others may also double as a piece of décor for your space and add a custom touch.
Ready to find the best dog leash holder for your pup? Good! Continue reading to find out more about our top picks that will help you keep all the essentials for taking your dog for a walk neat and organized.
Verified Review: Our Hands On Experience
While preparing to write this review, we ordered many different dog leash holders to try. We wanted to feel how sturdy their construction was and see how well they actually worked. Before we get into the more detailed reviews of each holder, here are a few additional benefits and drawbacks we noted for each model:
- Hanna Roberts Decorative Leash and Key Holder: We like how sturdy and well-made this leash holder is. We wish it had one more leash or a basket to provide just a little more space to hold essentials.
- mDesign Metal Wire Storage Organizer with 6 Hooks: We love how much space this organizer gives us. The six hooks and spacious basket made it easy to keep everything organized for our pups. The main downside we see to this organizer is that it isn’t as decorative as some of the other options we tried.
- AleksGiftCreation Personalized Key and Leash Holder: We found this to be a high-quality product that feels like it will last. Unfortunately, shipping for this item took a little longer than we were hoping.
- Command Large Wall Hooks: These hooks were very simple to mount. We appreciated that we didn’t need to use any tools and were happy that we weren’t causing any damage to our walls. We wish there were a few different finish options to choose from, though.
The Top Picks for the Best Dog Leash Holder: Ranked
#1 Overall Best Dog Leash Holder:Hanna Roberts Decorative Leash and Key Holder
- PRODUCT: Decorative Key Holder & Dog Leash Hook Wall Mount for Entry Way, Kitchen, & Mudroom, Never Walk Alone Print Triple Hook
- USE/PURPOSE: Hang keys, dog leashes and tags, necklaces, bracelets, and watches all in ONE place. Used for home and office decorative settings. Perfect gift for people who love DOGS!
- DESIGN: Triple Hook Design Wall Mount with durable metal hooks.
- MATERIAL/SIZE: MDF Wood, Metal Hooks
- PRODUCTION: Manufactured by Hanna Roberts with high quality material and care.
We love the style and function of this leash holder from Hanna Roberts. The holder features a decorative wood sign reading “Never Walk Alone” with a large bone and paw print.
Three sturdy metal hooks are secured to the base of the sign to hold leashes, collars, keys, and other essentials. Since the hooks are nicely spaced out, this leash holder should also work for bulkier retractable leashes.
The holder offers a wall-mounted design to keep it secure in the place where you’d like it. Its dimensions are 11.75 inches wide by 6.13 inches tall.
Click here to check out Hanna Roberts Decorative Leash and Key Holder on amazon.com.
Best with Basket:mDesign Metal Wire Storage Organizer with 6 Hooks
- SIMPLE STORAGE: Keep mudrooms and entryways neat and tidy with this storage basket; This durable organizer features two nicely sized sections and six hooks; The hooks have rounded ends to keep your clothing and other items from getting snagged; This bin makes a beautiful resting spot next to your entryway for mail, cell phones, sunglasses, tablets, scarves, hats, hoodies, coats, keys, umbrellas, jackets, leashes, purses, wristlets and bags
- INSTANT ORGANIZATION: The vintage / modern farmhouse styling of this wire organizer will add some style to your storage and complement your decor; Beautiful and functional, this organizational center provides a convenient drop zone for accessories you use on the go, but it is also ideal for creating shelving and storage in any room of the home
- FUNCTIONAL & VERSATILE: Create extra storage space wherever you need it and take advantage of unused wall space; Use in kitchens to hold often needed herbs and spices, cookbooks and more; Great in the laundry or utility room for holding detergents and cleaning supplies; This convenient bin is also great for garages, offices and more; Easily mounts to the wall with the included hardware; Ideal for homes, apartments, condos, dorm rooms, RVs, campers and cabins
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Made of strong steel wire with a durable rust-resistant finish; Mounting hardware included; Easy Care - Wipe clean with damp cloth
- THOUGHTFULLY SIZED: Measures 7.5" x 16.75" x 11.5" high
If you’re looking for something with more of a modern design, you’ll love this storage organizer with a basket from mDesign. The spacious basket includes one large compartment and one smaller compartment to hold all the essentials you’ll need for walking your dog.
Below the baskets are six hooks, giving you plenty of room to hold multiple leashes, collars, and other items.
This leash holder is constructed using a durable metal wire with a rust-resistant finish. Seven different finish options are available to match different living spaces: bronze, black, chrome, graphite gray, light gray, satin, and white. Each purchase includes the necessary hardware to mount the organizer to the wall.
Click here to check out mDesign Metal Wire Storage Organizer with 6 Hooks on amazon.com.
Create a personalized leash holder and decorative piece for your home with this customizable choice from AleksGiftCreation. The gorgeous wood sign says, “Live, Love, and Bark” and includes 4 sturdy golden hooks for hanging leashes, keys, and other items.
Each hook is labeled: His, Hers, Ours, and with a paw print to provide a designated space for each household member’s belongings. You can add your dog’s names and the names of the other members of your home between the hooks and the saying on the sign.
This sign is made from durable MDF and measures about 11.5 inches wide by 9 inches tall.
Click here to check out AleksGiftCreation Personalized Key and Leash Holder on amazon.com.
Best Damage-Free:Command Large Wall Hooks
- INCLUDES – 2 matte black hooks, 2 large strips, 1 hook holds 4 lbs
- ORGANIZE DAMAGE-FREE- Say goodbye to holes, marks, or sticky residue on your walls, doors, cabinets, or closets; Command Hooks by 3M are easy to use and help keep your walls looking beautiful
- NO TOOLS REQUIRED- Hang hats, bags, dog leashes, scarves, and accessories where you want without nails or a hammer
- STRONG AND VERSATILE- Command Hooks hold strongly on a variety of indoor surfaces including painted walls, finished wood, glass, tile, metal, and other smooth surfaces
- REMOVES CLEANLY- Redecorate when inspiration strikes; These wall hooks leave no sticky adhesive behind; Perfect to use in your college dorm, apartment, home, and office
If you’re looking for a temporary solution or don’t want to drill a hole in the wall, consider trying these Command Large Wall Hooks. The strong Command strips keep the hooks secured to the wall, but also make it possible to take the hooks down without leaving a mark. You can use these hooks on many surfaces including walls, glass, and tile.
This package includes two hooks. Each hook features a double end, making it able to hold a leash and a collar or two leashes. Since each hook can support up to four pounds, they should be able to hold the weight of the essentials for your dog that you want to keep organized.
Choose a finish option that coordinates with your space. These hooks come in brushed nickel and matte black.
Click here to check out Command Large Wall Hooks on amazon.com.
What to Consider When Shopping for a Dog Leash Holder
When shopping for a dog leash holder, you want to find one that matches your visions, ideas, and needs. Otherwise, the purchase you make won’t address the problem you’re looking to solve, and you’ll likely be unhappy with the holder you select. Keep the considerations outlined below in mind while shopping for a dog leash holder.
Design and Appearance
First assess the overall design and appearance of each leash holder to determine whether it matches your ideas and vision. Think about whether you would prefer a leash holder with more of a custom look and feel, or if something with a modern, traditional, or rustic appearance would look better with your home’s décor.
Number of Hooks
Next, determine how many hooks you want on the holder. Think about the number of leashes you have and whether you will want to hook anything else upon the holder, such as a poop bag holder or flashlight. If you use a retractable leash for your dog, you may want to confirm that there will be space for this bulkier leash style to fit on the hooks.
In addition to looking at the number of hooks and their layout, also consider whether you are interested in a leash holder with a basket. Models with baskets can offer additional storage space for other essentials for your pup.
Pay attention to the mounting directions for each leash holder. Some models are wall-mounted using screws, while others may be attached using mounting tape. Either option can work, though screws may be more secure to hold multiple leashes or heavier items. However, screws will leave a hole in your wall if you are planning to move the leash holder around.
Last update on 2021-10-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Best Dog Leash Holders: Reviewed for 2021 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is a dog leash holder?
A dog leash holder is designed to hold your dog’s leash, retractable leash, collar, other accessories. Dog leash holders can help keep all these supplies organized and easy to access. They can also be a good solution to keep leashes or collars away from dogs who may try to take them and chew them.
Most leash holders feature a wall-mounted design, and you can customize their exact location on your wall to make it most convenient for you.
Where can I buy a dog leash holder?
You can likely find dog leash holders at many pet stores in your area. However, shopping online for a dog leash holder will provide you with a greater selection, and you’ll likely be able to find a design that matches exactly what you’re looking for.
How do you make a dog leash holder?
You can find ideas and directions online for dog leash holders with different designs. Basic dog leash holders only require a few hooks to be mounted to the wall. But, if you’re looking for a more custom design or something with a modern twist, searching for ideas that match your exact vision can help.