A-Z-Animals.com believes that if people are educated about the world’s animal species they will better care for them. Therefore, we are becoming the most comprehensive and authoritative resource for animal information online. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of careful research and accuracy so that all readers can trust the material found here represents the most modern understanding of a given species ranging from scientific name to diet, habitat, and more. We also present an animal’s conservation status whenever possible so that readers can take action to protect a species.
Our pledge to you
“A-Z Animals was founded on three guiding principles: accurate content you can trust, spreading knowledge on the animal kingdom, and giving back”
Today, more than 30,000 species are threatened with extinction, and thousands would already be lost without tireless conservation efforts. Knowing that the first step toward conservation is spreading knowledge of the incredible animals species across our planet, A-Z Animals was founded in 2008 to offer an online encyclopedic resource across animals of all kinds.
Our pledge to you simple: we built A-Z Animals to be a resource you can trust. That means every day we strive for accuracy through an editorial process that emphasizes primary research and keeping all information up-to-date and accurate.
Below, we’ve outlined more details on our guiding principles. Whether citing A-Z Animals in research or just learning more about the animal kingdom that surrounds us, we want to ensure that you know the values that drive us.
Every Animals A-Z page begins ONLY with vetted, encyclopedic resources. From there we layer on primary research, and have developed an editorial process for reviewing content to ensure its as up-to-date and accurate as possible.
- The Animals A-Z editorial team maintains a library of more than 100 encyclopedias and other definitive guides across the animal kingdom that forms the basis of our research library.
- Every article we publish begins with this research library. While the Internet has made knowledge freely available, that also comes with the downside of information often being inaccurate. Our goal is that you can trust the information across A-Z Animals as vetted, and sourced from encyclopedias, biologists, and researchers across the world.
- At the bottom of each article, you’ll find our research cited, with details on the different encyclopedias, research, and publications we used as source material.
- Our editorial team has more than 30 years of experience directly managing editorial teams across some of the world’s largest websites.
- Finally, while we strive for accuracy, we also understand that mistakes happen. If you see an error, please notify us at [email protected] and we’ll do our best to correct it in a timely fashion.
2.) Spreading Knowledge on the Animal Kingdom
We’ve designed A-Z Animals to have engaging content that brings forward the most interesting aspects of the kingdom.
- With more than one million species on Earth, the animal kingdom is all about discovery!
- For that reason, we focus on bringing out the most interesting aspects of each animal in addition to encyclopedic details such as appearance, taxonomy, and behavior.
- By using a diversity of sources – many of which are not available online – we aim to deliver facts and research on animals that are simply unavailable across other resources online.
3.) Giving back
We’re focused on giving back to causes that support animal conservation efforts and education across the world.
- Extinct is As of 2020, more than 30,000 animals are threatened with extinction, which is about 27% of all assessed species.
- Within each page on A-Z Animals we focus on the most up-to-date conservation status, with a special focus on the threats that face each animal.
- In addition, we try to call attention to conservation efforts that may aid in the survival of species. Without dedicated conservation work across the 20th and 21st centuries, thousands of more animals would simply be extinct today.
- A-Z Animals is dedicated to giving back to conservation efforts, and we’re currently designing new programs to support some of our favorite programs directly!
A-Z Animals would like to say a huge thank you to the Awesome Library for giving A-Z Animals an Editor's Choice Award!
A-Z Animals has been featured on the thegoodwebguide.co.uk as a recommended site!