Table of Contents
- Online Safety
- Content Policy
- Moderation Policy
- Advertising Policy
- Terms of Service & Disclaimer
Are you Safe?
As a website accessed by children, we take privacy and online safety very seriously.
As part of our commitment to online safety, A-Z Animals has launched the 'Are you Safe?' campaign to help children get relevant help and advice if they experience issues which upset them, both on and offline. As a website which is accessed by children across the world, the core priority of this campaign is to help children find help and advice which is relevant to their country.
To view the 'Are you Safe?' campaign, please see: https://a-z-animals.com/are-you-safe/
Your privacy is important to us.
The A-Z Animals website will not store information in your web browser using cookies without explicitly advising you. The ONLY situation under which A-Z-Animals.com will set a cookie in your web browser is when you choose to use the 'Phobia Filter' feature - when a phobia animal is selected a numerical ID is stored in your web browser using a cookie to enable us to identify your phobia selection when you browse the A-Z-Animals.com website. As you select more phobia animals the same cookie will be updated to include the complete list of phobia animal IDs. For example, if you were to block the White Tiger and Bengal Tiger, the contents of this cookie would be '141,632'.
The advertising shown on the A-Z-Animals.com website is provided by trusted third-party advertising networks, these networks will set cookies in your web browser to facilitate their advertising software. A-Z-Animals.com has no control over these cookies, and they remain the responsibility of the relevant organisations.
The A-Z-Animals.com website uses third-party services to help improve the website, these include AddThis.com and Google Analytics. These services may set cookies in your web browser to facilitate their services. A-Z-Animals.com has no control over these cookies, and they remain the responsibility of the relevant organisations.
Personally Identifiable Information
The A-Z Animals website makes no attempt to request, collect or store your personal data - A-Z Animals makes no requests for any personally identifiable information under any circumstances.
If you choose to submit a comment on the A-Z-Animals.com website, or if you choose to register your quiz high score, then we will request your nickname. A-Z Animals asks that you enter a nickname which you can use to identify your comment/high score, but which others can not use to identify you - this nickname should not be a nickname which you use for your social networking or other online accounts. Please do not enter your real name under any circumstances. We approve all nicknames prior to them being shown on the A-Z-Animals.com website and we will reject/delete any which we believe could be used to identify you.
When submitting a comment on the A-Z-Animals.com website, please ensure your comment does not contain any personally identifiable information. All comments are approved prior to them being shown on the A-Z-Animals.com website and we will reject/delete any which we believe could be used to identify you.
If you choose to contact A-Z Animals either using our online contact form, or by emailing A-Z-Animals.com, then we will require your email address in order to respond to you - when using our online contact form you are not required to enter your email address if you do not require a response. Under no circumstances will your email address be given to any third-party organisation, your email address will be stored securely and will only be used by A-Z Animals for the purpose of responding to your contact.
In accordance with relevant legislation, we ask that children under 13 years old do not contact us without adult supervision. If we receive contact from a child we believe to be unsupervised then we will not respond and will immediately delete all records of the contact, except when we believe we need to inform relevant authorities of the contact.
Personally Identifiable Information
If you do choose to submit personally identifiable information either via the A-Z-Animals.com website, or when contacting A-Z-Animals.com, we will adhere to the following principles:
- We will only collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned, and if applicable their parental guardian.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
Any and all information and/or data we collect is held under the rules and regulations of the UK Data Protection Act.
All content on the A-Z Animals website will, to the best of our abilities, conform to the following standards:
- We will always moderate and approve content prior to it being published. All content submitted by website visitors such as comments and quiz high scores are reviewed before being published.
- We will always endeavour to only show child-friendly content. We will never show content, photos, images or videos which may upset a young child - such as photos of animals in distress, or photos which contain blood or gore.
- We will never link to external websites which are not child-friendly, and we will periodically review our external links to ensure they remain safe.
- We will periodically review all of our content to ensure it continues to meet the high standards you expect.
- We will always endeavour to provide a safe learning environment for young children.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles. A-Z Animals may change this content policy from time to time at A-Z Animals's sole discretion.
All visitor submitted content on the A-Z Animals website is moderated prior to being published.
- We will never publish content which may identify an individual. This means content which for example includes names, locations and school names, will all be rejected.
- We will never publish content which may cause offense to other visitors. This means content which includes inappropriate language or references, will all be rejected.
- We will only publish content which is suitable for young children.
- We will only publish content which we feel meets the high standards you expect.
All visitor submitted content is published at the discretion of A-Z Animals. We reserve the right to reject all content without reason.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles. A-Z Animals may change this moderation policy from time to time at A-Z Animals's sole discretion.
All advertising on the A-Z Animals website will, to the best of our abilities, conform to the following standards:
- We will always identify advertising and paid content. This will either be with a clear statement that the content is 'Advertising', or when space is limited this will be through the presence of a 'Report Ad' option directly attached to the advertisement.
- We will always endeavour to only show child-friendly advertising. This means we will not show adverts associated to or which reference gambling or adult content.
- We will always endeavour to ensure all advertising is safe. This means we will not show adverts which include link baiting, malware or viruses.
- We will always prioritise the quality of our website, and therefore the quality of the advertisements which are shown, above the need to generate an income. Therefore we will always avoid cluttering content with advertising, or placing adverts in ways which disrupt the flow of content, or the usage of the website.
All advertising on A-Z-Animals.com is served by third-parties. We are not able to pre-approve the adverts which are shown, therefore we ask that our visitors report any inappropriate adverts using the 'Report Ad' feature so we may block them. The 'Report Ad' feature is totally anonymous, and we will review your report as quickly as possible.
We ask that you do not use ad blocking software when accessing our website, or that you whitelist A-Z-Animals.com in your ad blocking software. At this time we will not prevent you from accessing our website when using this software, if overall usage of this software continues to increase we will have no option but to restrict access when ad blocking software is in use.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles. A-Z Animals may change this advertising policy from time to time at A-Z Animals's sole discretion.
Terms of Service & Disclaimer
By accessing the website at https://a-z-animals.com/, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on the A-Z-Animals.com website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on A-Z Animals's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by A-Z Animals at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on A-Z Animals's website are provided on an 'as is' basis. A-Z Animals makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, A-Z Animals does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall A-Z Animals or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on A-Z Animals's website, even if A-Z Animals or a A-Z Animals authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage.
Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on A-Z Animals's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. A-Z Animals does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. A-Z Animals may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However A-Z Animals does not make any commitment to update the materials.
A-Z Animals has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by A-Z Animals of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
A-Z Animals may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of United Kingdom and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that location.
All content on A-Z-Animals.com is copyrighted to Millie Bond T/A A-Z Animals, unless clearly stated otherwise. All of A-Z Animal's content originates from the United Kingdom and is therefore governed by the copyright laws of the United Kingdom.
Some of the photos/images included with the articles on A-Z-Animals.com are not the property of A-Z Animals, however the copyright of the relevant owner still applies. To view the relevant ownership and licensing information please click on the image.
A-Z Animals employs anti-plagiarism software and techniques to identify abuse of our content. When our copyright has been breached we will take appropriate legal action to protect our intellectual property.
If you would like to source our content, please refer to the Sourcing Our Content section of A-Z-Animals.com which clearly explains how you can source and cite our content correctly in accordance with UK copyright law.
If you have any questions regarding our policies, please contact us.