- Cockatiels make a wide variety of sounds that each have a different meaning.
- Their tail is so long that they cannot turn around in the nest so they enter backward, or tail first.
- The males make better whistles than the females.
Welcome to the Cockatiel Quiz, where you can test your knowledge and learn more about one of the most popular pet birds in the United States! Cockatiels are known for their talented whistling abilities and the male species is known to serenade the object of their affection with a lengthy whistle song.
Take the quiz to test your knowledge of Cockatiels if you believe you know everything there is to know about them or if you simply want to learn more about these talkative animals!
Types Of Cockatiels
This species of bird is endemic to mainland Australia and is only naturally found in this area, although they are widespread in many parts of the world due to their popularity as a top pet. They are the only member of the genus Nymphicus and more recent findings have classified it as the smallest subfamily of the cockatoo family, Cacatuidae. There are over 10 different types of this bird, with a range of color patterns. Some of these are:
- Normal Gray
Cockatiels are very social animals and thrive on companionship. They always enjoy being in the company of others of their kind. They also love mirrors and toys. Although it is said that you should not give them a mirror because it may create a false sense of reality but they do love toys and can be trained to interact with them. Continue reading to learn more interesting facts.
- When the crest is up but remains relaxed it could be excited.
- Both parents stay to take care of the offspring.
- Males tend to be more nurturing of their young than females.
- A happy cockatiel will bush its crest feathers out so that it looks like a badminton shuttlecock. This is when your bird is more likely to sing and whistle too.
- They can get depressed.