- They are a mix of the poodle and the Bernese mountain dog.
- This breed comes in three sizes – standard, miniature and tiny.
- They are considered a low-shedding breed.
Welcome to the Bernedoodle Quiz, where you can test your knowledge and learn more about one of the most playful and goofy dogs! This breed is known for its excellent temperament. They are affectionate, loyal, intelligent and love to be around their family.
Take the quiz to test your knowledge of Bernedoodles if you believe you know everything there is to know about them or if you simply want to learn more about these lovable animals!
History Of The Breed
The bernedoodle first got its start in 2003 in Canada when breeder Sherry Rupke of Swiss Ridge Kennels, decided to cross Bernese Mountain Dogs with Poodles – she even wrote a book about her experiences. She wanted a breed that would not have the health issues and short life span that the Bernese did so by crossing it with the Poodle, she added all of the benefits that come with this dog – intelligence, low-shedding and generally better health. There are 3 different types of bernadoodles:
- Standard – between 23 and 29 inches tall; weighs between 50 and 90 pounds.
- Miniature – between 18 and 22 inches tall; weighs between 25 and 49 pounds
- Tiny – between 10 and 17 inches; weighs between 10 and 24 pounds
Interesting Bernedoodle Facts
This breed is considered an excellent family dog because of its friendly nature. In fact, they are so friendly that they are not ideal for use as guard dogs or for protection. They rarely bark at strangers and may at times be overly friendly. Here are some other great interesting facts about this breed.
- They can be great as therapy dogs.
- Bernedoodles have less dander than other breeds.
- Their hair types can vary, depending on what genes they inherited from their parents.
- The curly coat, also called a wool coat, is inherited from the Poodle parent’s side.
- Hair types can be curly, wavy or straight.