- Border Collies are super smart and easily trainable dogs.
- They were adored by Queen Victoria in the same manner that Queen Elizabeth adored Corgies.
- Border Collies make great search and rescue dogs.
Welcome to the Border Collie: Test Yourself on These Furry Friends Quiz! You’ve come to the right place if you enjoy this highly intelligent and active breed.
This page is designed to challenge your knowledge of Border Collies and to help you learn more about these amazing dogs.
There is something here for everyone, whether you are a seasoned Border Collie owner, a breeder, or just a fan of this type of dog.
This quiz will definitely test you. Ready to pass it? Let’s go!
Five Fun Facts About the Border Collie Breed
There is so much to learn and enjoy about these canines, from their extraordinary intelligence to their historical origins.
Here are five fun facts about the border collie breed:
- Border Collies have a high level of intellect.
- Its designation is taken from the region where Border Collies originated.
- They perform well in herding contests and jobs.
- Queen Victoria loved them in the same way Queen Elizabeth loved Corgies.
- A piece of Scottish poetry included a Border Collie.
The Lifespan of a Border Collie Breed
Border Collies live between 10 and 17 years on average. With the uncommon instance of living up to 18 years old, they normally only survive to be 12 years old. Breeds of comparable size often live 12 to 13 years on average.
Bramble the border collie survived to be a staggering 25 years old before passing away. She consumed only organic veggies, grains, and lentils as part of her vegetarian diet.
Bramble just ate once a day and exercised frequently. In dog years, Bramble is estimated to be 189 years old. She is included in the Guinness Book of World Records as the oldest living dog of all time.
How Do You Train a Border Collie?
Border Collies need constant, encouraging training in order to attain their full potential. They are intelligent, active dogs. It’s crucial to provide a lot of mental and physical activity when training a Border Collie to avoid boredom and unrest.
Although Border Collies thrive on regularity and defined expectations, consistency is also essential. These canines can be trained successfully with brief training sessions and positive reinforcement like praise and treats.
Here are some tips to train your border collie:
- Give Border Collies lots of exercises to keep them from getting restless from having so much energy.
- Conduct regular, brief training sessions.
- Carefully socialize Border Collies.
- Start training Border Collies right immediately.
- As a kind of constructive reinforcement during training, use treats.