|#1 Overall Best: California Costumes UPS Pet Costume||California Costumes UPS Pet Costume|
|#2 Best Runner-Up USPS Dog Costume: California Costumes Dog Mail Carrier Costume||California Costumes Dog Mail Carrier Costume|
You know how many dogs love to chase the UPS guy? This Halloween, how about letting your dog walk a day in his shoes? There are several great options we found in UPS Carrier Dog Costumes that make your dog the spitting image of one. Maybe it’s time for dogs to show their friendly neighborhood postal workers that they are friends and not foes.
Selecting the best costume for your dog is never an easy task — especially when you are hoping your dog will turn heads on the streets of your neighborhood….or better yet, win a pet Halloween costume contest! Don’t worry, we’re here to help in your decision. We’ve reviewed some of the best options on the market if you’re looking to dress up your pup as a UPS carrier this year, so read on to find out more about it.
Choosing the Best UPS Dog Costume
Read through the next few sections to learn more about some of the important features you should keep in mind when choosing a UPS outfit for your dog. Since each option on the market is a bit different, using these features to guide your search will help ensure that you’re happy with your selection.
Design and Appearance
First, pay attention to the overall look of the costume. Think about how you are envisioning your dog looking once he is all dressed up, and evaluate whether each outfit will help you achieve this look. Also, consider which “company” you want to see represented in the costume. You can find UPS dog costumes as well as USPS outfits, so think about which costume style you’d prefer.
Also consider the overall design of the costume, such as whether dogs step into it and if it includes a headpiece or other accessories. And while some costumes look great in the product photos, they may not be designed in a practical way. Your dog needs to be able to walk comfortably in the costume without it’s movements hampered, or without tripping over some dangling item.
Your dog will appreciate it if you also think about his or her comfort when choosing an outfit. Rough materials can irritate a dog’s skin, so choose costumes that are made with soft materials that won’t cause such irritation. Also, opt for costumes made using breathable and lightweight materials as these will keep your dog from getting too warm when they are dressed up. Remember, dogs already have a fur coat, and an outfit that is too thick can cause them to overheat quickly.
Next, you want to make sure you choose an outfit that will provide a proper fit. You may not even be able to get your dog into a costume that is too small, and if they do manage to get into the costume it will likely be too tight and uncomfortable for them. Outfits that are too large also won’t work well since they’ll move around and won’t stay in place properly.
You should take measurements of your dog’s neck girth, chest girth, neck-to-tail length, height, and weight. You will need some or all of these measurements to compare with the information in the sizing guide from each costume maker.
But have you ever ordered clothing from an online retailer, and when you received it, you found that it ran smaller or bigger than their measuring charts indicated? Well, unfortunately, the same thing can happen when ordering a dog costume. It’s prudent that you look for customer feedback on any costume you are considering to see if there are many complaints about the necessity to size up or down, and adjust your choice in size for your dog if you think it’s necessary.
Always think about your dog’s safety when shopping for them. This is no different when you’re looking for an outfit. Think about any pieces of the outfit that may easily break off or be chewed off by a dog, since these could pose a choking risk. If you read customer complaints of their dogs destroying the costume in minutes, reconsider. And make sure the costume is practical enough that you can still have your dog on a secure lead when walking outdoors.
Our Criteria and Experience–How We Chose the Best
We’ve researched many different options for dog UPS Carrier costumes and ranked them according to fit, design, safety, comfort, and size, and durability. We also took into account customer feedback when making our recommendations. We want nothing more than for your dog to enjoy his limited time working for the US Postal Service!
- Many women swoon over a handsome UPS Carrier sporting his handsome brown uniform! With our overall best pick, men and women alike will be falling in love with your dog. We can’t get over how ultra-cute this costume is with the little legs coming down in front, the package in hand, and the hat with the logo. There will be no mistaking who your dog is dressed up as this Halloween. One thing we didn’t like was that we had to put the UPS box together — it would have been a lot easier if the box had come assembled and ready to go.
- Our runner-up choice is really not a runner-up as far as quality goes. It’s just a different color with the dark and light blue hues, representing your classic postman. This costume is easy to get on your pup, which makes the process of getting them dressed up pretty painless. However, we found that the sizing chart was a bit off. We’d recommend sizing up with this outfit.
- We like how easy it is to put this harness on our dog. Adding a UPS logo to the brown background was a simple touch that helped our pups get dressed up for Halloween. However, since the plush lining is very warm, this harness wouldn’t be a good choice on warm, sunny days.
The Top Picks for the Best UPS Carrier Dog Costume: Ranked
#1 Overall Best:California Costumes UPS Pet Costume
- Size: Medium
- Size: Medium
- 100% polyester fabric and fiberfill, 100% polyurethane foam
- Shirt has sleeves for dog's front legs; fastens around neck w/ Velcro
- Stuffed arms on front of shirt have Velcro dots to hold box
With the UPS Pet Costume from California Costumes, your pup will look just like a UPS delivery driver ready to make a special delivery. The step-in outfit is the same brown color that UPS carriers wear and even includes sewn-on arms holding a small box with the UPS logo. A brown UPS hat is also included with the costume for a more complete look.
The outfit secures around a dog’s neck to keep it in place. You can also remove the package from the dog’s “hands.”
Choose from small, medium, and large sizes for this costume. Dogs with a neck circumference between 12 and 14 inches and a chest circumference between 16 and 20 inches should fit in the size small, dogs with a neck circumference between 14 and 16 inches and a chest circumference between 20 and 24 inches should fit in a medium, and dogs with a neck circumference between 18 and 20 inches and a chest circumference between 24 and 28 inches should fit in a large.
Click here to check out California Costumes UPS Pet Costume on amazon.com.
#2 Best Runner-Up USPS Dog Costume:California Costumes Dog Mail Carrier Costume
- Size: Large
- 100% polyester
- Hook and loop closure down the back
- Stuffed arms with hook and loop closure on the paws
- Cardboard box w/ hook and loop closures to attach to hands
If you’d prefer to have your dog dress up as a mail carrier, consider this costume from California Costumes. The costume makes it appear as if your dog is a mail carrier standing up and walking on two legs. The step-in pants and blue shirt that wrap around a dog’s neck look exactly like the uniform USPS carriers wear.
For added realism, a United States Postal Service hat for dogs is included with the outfit. Sewn-on arms holding a Priority Mail package are also integrated into the design of the costume. The package connects to the “hands” and can be removed if desired.
The X-small, small, medium, and available large sizes should fit dogs with a neck girth between 10 and 20 inches, a chest girth between 12 and 28 inches, and a neck-to-tail length of 8 to 20 inches.
Click here to check out California Costumes Dog Mail Carrier Costume on amazon.com.
Easy DIY Option: Voyager Step-In Dog Harness
- ATTENTION: Sizing does NOT directly correspond to your pet's breed or weight. Please MEASURE your pet by printing out our Size Guide which has a measuring tape and refer to our sizing chart for the best fit before ordering.
- SOFT & WARM PLUSH: Lined with a soft and warm plush fabric, this harness will keep your pet comfortable during walks on brisk days.
- REFLECTIVE BANDS: Two reflective bands on the sides of this harness enhance your pet’s visibility for those early morning and late evening strolls.
- THREE SAFETY FEATURES: Our hook and loop fastener, buckle and double D-rings work together protect your pet in three layers of security.
- STEP IN, CLIP & GO! Step into your next walk in this simple and easy-to-wear vest harness. Click ‘Add to Cart’ now!
If your dog isn’t a fan of costumes, but you’d still like to make them look like a UPS carrier, why not make your own simple costume. You can use this brown harness from Voyager and add your own UPS logo to the chest area.
The harness is designed to be comfortable for dogs to wear. It is lined with a plush fabric that should feel good against their skin and keep dogs from getting too cold on chilly days. Reflective bands are added to the sides of the harness for increased visibility in low lighting conditions.
This step-in harness is designed to be secure to keep your dog safely on its leash. It features a Velcro fastener, a buckle, and double D rings for attaching the leash.
Five harness sizes are available (X-small, small, medium, large, and X-large) for dogs weighing between 9 and 28 pounds with a chest circumference between 13 and 23 inches and a neck circumference between 10 and 18 inches.
Click here to check out Voyager Step-In Dog Harness on amazon.com.
Summary of the Best UPS Dog Costume
|1||Overall||California Costumes UPS Pet Costume|
|2||Runner-Up||California Costumes Dog Mail Carrier Costume|
|3||DIY||Voyager Step-In Dog Harness|
- Star Wars Costumes for Dogs – May the force be with you dog in one of these great costumes.
- Best Dog Halloween Costumes – We’ve chosen the best dog costumes to make your dog stand out when out trick-or-treating.
- Best Superhero Costumes for Dogs – Does your canine think he can save the world from evildoers? Let him prove it in one of these great superhero costumes.
- The Best Dog Beetlejuice Costumes: Reviewed for 2021 – If you and your dog are fans of the classic film “Beetlejuice,” then check out these great dog costumes for some Halloween fun.
Last update on 2022-08-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Best UPS Carrier Dog Costumes FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Do they make UPS carrier costumes for dog?
Yes, you can find UPS carrier outfits, as well as USPS mail carrier costumes, for dogs. Choosing one of these outfit options can transform your pup from the friendly pooch they are to the friendly neighborhood package delivery guy or (gal).
How do you know what size outfit to buy for a dog?
Reference the sizing guide from each manufacturer to help you decide what size costume your dog will need. You’ll need to have measurements for your dog’s weight, height, length, chest circumference, and neck circumference available to compare against the information in the sizing guide.
Since each costume maker uses different metrics when sizing their outfits, always refer to the sizing guide rather than buying a costume that is the same size as one you’ve previously purchased. A size small could be significantly different from one manufacturer to the next.
Where can I find a UPS costume for my dog?
Since a UPS costume is a bit of a specialty outfit, you may not be as likely to find one in a costume shop or Halloween store. Shopping online is your best option to find a UPS carrier outfit that will work for your dog. The range of sizes should also be wider online than what you’d see should you happen to find a costume in a store.
Will my dog like wearing a costume?
Every dog is different. While some seem to enjoy wearing costumes, others are scared or anxious around costumes. If your dog hasn’t worn a costume before, you’ll need to see how they react when you pull the UPS carrier costume out of the bag to decide if you’re going to have them wear it.