|Best Overall||Blue Buffalo Wilderness Trail Treats|
|Best Training Treats||Blue Buffalo Blue Bits Soft-Moist Training Dog Treats|
|Best Oven-Baked Biscuits||Blue Buffalo Health Bars Natural Crunchy Dog Treats|
|Best Pepperoni-Style||Blue Buffalo Stix Soft-Moist Dog Treats|
|Best Dental Chews||Blue Buffalo Dental Bones|
|Best Bacon-Style Treats||Blue Buffalo Sizzlers with Real Pork Bacon-Style Dog Treats|
- The #1 Best Overall Blue Buffalo all-natural dog treats are the Blue Buffalo Wilderness Trail Treats.
- Dog treats are a great way of rewarding your dog for good behavior, whether during training or when you’re just out for a walk.
- There are many different types of dog treats on the market, including crunchy, soft, chewy, grain-free options.
- We’ve reviewed a selection of the best treats by Blue Buffalo to help you choose the perfect option for your pet.
Blue Buffalo is well-known as being one of the leading providers of pet food, but that’s not all they make as they make dog treats too. Although dog treats can be uses simply as a treat for your pet they’re also a great way to reward good behavior, especially during training.
There are numerous types of treats available from Blue Buffalo, but whether they’re crunchy, soft, or meaty, these treats are all made from premium meats, fruits, veggies, and other healthy ingredients that dogs can’t resist.
In this article, we’ll review a selection of the best Blue Buffalo treats to help take the hassle out of choosing for you. We’ll also provide a detailed buyer’s guide so that you know exactly what to look for when choosing the best option for your pooch.
A-Z-Animals Top Picks for Blue Buffalo All-Natural Dog Treats
#1 Best Overall: Blue Buffalo Wilderness Trail Treats
Our selection as the best overall all-natural dog treats are the Blue Buffalo Wilderness Trail Treats.
The perfect crunchy treat for your meat-loving dog, wilderness trail treat biscuits are made with only the finest natural ingredients like duck, salmon, turkey, potatoes, and flaxseed.
The naturally crunchy texture cleans teeth while pups chew, while the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants in them help to keep your pal sharp and healthy. They also include omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids which help to keep your pet’s skin and coat in top-condition. These treats are also grain and gluten-free. Whether you are feeding them in front of a TV or on a trail your buddy will love these canine cookies anywhere.
Unfortunately, these treat come in large squares which may not be suitable for all dogs, particularly smaller ones.
Pros and Cons of the Blue Buffalo Wilderness Trail Treats
|These treats have a naturally crunchy texture which helps to clean teeth.||They come in large squares which are not suitable for all dogs.|
|They are enriched with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.|
|They contain omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids which help to keep dog’s skin and coat healthy.|
|They contain natural ingredients such as duck, salmon, turkey, potatoes, and flaxseed.|
|These treats are grain and gluten-free.|
2. Best Training Treats: Blue Buffalo Blue Bits Soft-Moist Training Dog Treats
If you’re looking for treats to use while training then we recommend the Blue Buffalo Blue Bits Soft-Moist Training Dog Treats.
These treats are great for small, medium, or large dogs. Blue Bits are tender, bite-sized treats that are the perfect size for using while training.
These natural dog treats feature healthy, wholesome ingredients. These soft-chew treats contain DHA to help support your pups’ cognitive development. They also contain omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids which promote a healthy skin and coat. Plus, there are no chicken or poultry by-product meals in them, and they are free from artificial colors and preservatives. They are available in a few different flavors, such as chicken, turkey, beef, and salmon.
Unfortunately, some customers have reported that the packaging has sometimes been damaged which has resulted in the treats being dried out when the received them.
Pros and Cons of the Blue Buffalo Blue Bits Soft-Moist Training Dog Treats
|These treats are bite-sized and ideal for small, medium, and large breeds.||The packaging is sometimes damaged which results in the treats being dried out.|
|There are several flavors available.|
|They are soft-chew treats.|
|They contain DHA to support cognitive development.|
|The omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids in these treats promote skin and coat health.|
|They are free from artificial flavors and preservatives.|
- Perfect size for training
- Contain DHA for cognitive development
- Healthy, wholesome ingredients
- Comes in chicken, turkey, beef, and salmon flavors
3. Best Oven-Baked Biscuits: Blue Buffalo Health Bars Natural Crunchy Dog Treats
The best Blue Buffalo oven-baked biscuits are the Blue Buffalo Health Bars Natural Crunchy Dog Treat Biscuits.
These treats are made with wholesome, natural ingredients with an irresistibly delicious crunch that your dogs will not be able to resist. This variety pack comes with three tasty biscuit recipes — including apple and yoghurt, pumpkin and cinnamon, and bacon, egg, and cheese. They are all completely free from poultry by-product meals, corn, wheat, and soy for pups with sensitivities and made without any artificial preservatives or colors. Instead, they feature natural ingredients like oatmeal, fruits, and veggies, along with omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants. These treats are oven-baked for a big crunch, meaning they are as delicious as they are nutritious.
However, some pup parents have reported that their dogs do not like these treats. Also, some found that there were a lot of broken biscuits and crumbs in the bottom of the bags.
Pros and Cons of the Blue Buffalo Health Bars Natural Crunchy Dog Treats
|These treats are made with wholesome, natural ingredients.||Not all dogs like these treats.|
|They are available in three tasty recipes.||Some customers reported there were a lot of broken biscuits and crumb in the bottom of the bag.|
|They contain omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants.|
|They are oven-baked for a natural crunch.|
- Comes in a variety of flavors including bacon, beef, and apple
- Great taste that dogs love
- No corn, wheat, or soy
- Contains Omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants
4. Best Pepperoni-Style Treats: Blue Buffalo Stix Soft-Moist Dog Treats
Do you have a pup who loves pepperoni treats? If so, try them with the Blue Buffalo Stix Soft-Moist Dog Treats.
These treats feature beef as the first ingredient in the form of tender, meaty rolls. You can break them up into smaller pieces for training treats or smaller dogs, or you can feed them whole and watch your dog’s tail wag with excitement from how delicious they are.
These dog treats do not contain any chicken, poultry, by-product meals and are free from corn, wheat, and soy. They are also free from artificial preservatives and colors. Instead, these natural dog treats feature healthy wholesome ingredients that your pup will love eating.
The only drawback to these treats is that sometimes there can be some broken ones in the packet.
Pros and Cons of the Blue Buffalo Stix Soft-Moist Dog Treats
|Thee treats feature beef as the first ingredient.||There are sometimes broken treats in the packet.|
|They can be broken into smaller pieces for training purposes or for smaller dogs.|
|They do not contain any chicken, poultry, by-products, corn, wheat, or soy.|
5. Best Dental Chews: Blue Buffalo Dental Bones
The tastiest way to clean your dog’s teeth is with dental chews. Therefore, we recommend the Blue Buffalo Dental Bones.
These dental chews contain added vitamins and minerals specific for oral health care. They are easily digestible and are aimed to clean teeth, freshen breath and maintain healthy teeth and gums for your dogs. There are a variety of different sizes available including large, regular, small, and mini.
There are no chicken or poultry by-products in these treats. They’re also free from gluten, corn, wheat, or soy, so it’s great for pups with food allergies. Also, there are no artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors in them.
However, it’s important to keep in mind that these dental bones are not appropriate for puppies or dogs weighing less than five pounds.
Pros and Cons of the Blue Buffalo Dental Bones
|These daily dental chews help to clean teeth and freshen your dog’s breath.||They are not suitable for dogs or puppies weighing less than five pounds.|
|They contain added vitamins and minerals specifically for oral care.|
|There are a variety of different sizes available including large, regular, small, and mini.|
|They are free from gluten, corn, wheat, and soy.|
6. Best Bacon-Style Treats: Blue Buffalo Sizzlers Bacon-Style Dog Treats
Does your pup love the sweet taste and smell of bacon? Then you’ll want to give your pup an irresistible treat that they will love with the Blue Buffalo Sizzlers Bacon-Style Treats.
These treats are made with 100% pork as the number one ingredient and supply a healthy source of protein with no chicken or poultry by-product meals. These delicious treats are made with the best ingredients that do not contain any corn, wheat, soy. They are also free from artificial preservatives, colors, and flavors.
However, some pup parents have reported that their dogs do not like these treat. Some also found that there were a lot of broken pieces in the bottom of the packet too.
Pros and Cons of the Blue Buffalo Sizzlers Bacon-Style Dog Treats
|These treats are made with 100% pork as the main ingredient.||Not all dogs like these treats.|
|They are free from corn, whet, and soy.||There are sometimes broken treats in the bottom of the packet.|
|They do not contain any artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.|
- 100% pork is the first ingredient
- No chicken or poultry by-product meals
- No artificial preservatives or colors
Choosing the Best: What to Look For
When you are picking out dog treats for your puppy you want to make the best choice, but with so many products out there it can be hard to know truly what options are good or not. When you are looking for all-natural dog treats they are a few things you want to keep an eye out for.
You do not want chicken/poultry by-product meals, just real ingredients. You do not want any gluten, corn, wheat, or soy. Also, you want to make sure they’re no artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors.
The Different Types of Blue Buffalo All Natural Dog Treats: Pros and Cons Compared
There are a few different types of dog treats to choose from. There are soft dog treats, dental treats, crunchy dog treats, and training treats, here are the things you want to consider when choosing which option is best for your pup.
- Soft Dog treats: These types of treats are great for truly any type of dog. Soft dog treats you are usually able to tear up pretty easily. Plus, they work well for training too. Unfortunately, soft dog treats can possibly smell bad, but there weren’t many complaints about Blue Buffalo products smelling bad.
- Dental Dog Treats: Another option of dog treat are dental dog treats. There are some obvious benefits as to why you would choose dental dog treats. All-natural dental chews with added vitamins and minerals for oral health care are easily digestible and are aimed to clean teeth, freshen breath and maintain healthy teeth and gums. However, keep in mind that some dental chews are not appropriate for puppies and dogs less than five pounds.
- Crunchy Dog Treats: Benefits of crunchy dog treats dogs love the satisfying, tooth-cleaning crunch of crunchy dog biscuits. Cons would be they may not be the best option for your puppy, or smaller breed of dog because as some are quite large.
- Training Treats: If you have a puppy where you are teaching them how to go sit, stay, or do any tricks you would want to choose training treats. However, it’s important to choose training treat that are an appropriate size for your pet.
- The Best Dog Treat Brands — Take a look at the dog treats on offer from the very best brands here.
- The Best Healthy Pet Treats on Chewy — Find the perfect healthy treat for your pet today.
- The Best Dog Bones for Big Dogs — Do you have a big dog? Check out the best dog bones for your larger pooches here.
Blue Buffalo All-Natural Dog Treats: The Best Options FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Is it a good idea to use treats for training my dog?
Treats are one of the most popular training tools that you can use with your dog as they are a great way to reward good behavior. However, it’s important to ensure that you don’t exceed the recommended number of treats per day.
What are the different types of treats available?
There are many different types of dog treats available. Some of the most popular types include dental chews, soft and chewy treats, or crunchy biscuit treats.
Thank you for reading! Have some feedback for us? Contact the AZ Animals editorial team.