|#1: Best Overall — Furrybaby Premium Fluffy Fleece Blanket||Furrybaby Premium Fluffy Fleece Blanket|
|Best for Crates: Pet Parents Pawtect Blanket||Pet Parents Pawtect Blanket|
|Best for Large Dogs: Frisco Sherpa Dog Blanket||Frisco Sherpa Dog Blanket|
|Best for Small Dogs: Harmony Tan Pet Throw||Harmony Tan Pet Throw|
|Best Value: Furhaven ThermaNAP Dog Blanket||Furhaven ThermaNAP Dog Blanket|
What is the best dog blanket? Finding the best blanket for your dog is easier if you think about the features you want. Some blankets have a design highlighting a couple of features while others combine several features for a dog’s comfort.
Another approach to finding the best dog blanket is to consider where you want to put it. For instance, a dog blanket meant for a couch, an easy chair, or for a bed is going to be larger in size than one meant for a crate.
The best dog blanket is the one that meets all of your expectations and preferences.
Verified Review: Our Hands-On Experience
These dog blankets have gone through hands-on testing by our reviewers. Each one of the blankets has notable features that caught our attention. Furrybaby is a familiar brand to many dog owners. The Furrybaby blanket we reviewed has been referred to as ‘…super soft’ and ‘…remains comfy after washing it several times.’
We reviewed the ThermaNap dog blanket made by Furhaven. One thought about this self-warming product: “…this blanket is popular with my dog and my cat!” Also, our reviewers noted this blanket has introduced, “…snuggly, happy napping dogs to our household.”
Check out our reviews including the pros and cons of each dog blanket.
The Top Picks for Best Dog Blankets: Ranked
#1: Best Overall —Furrybaby Premium Fluffy Fleece Blanket
- MEDIUM SIZE: 80*100cm(32*40inch), perfect for medium size dogs, such as French Bulldogs, Scottish Terriers, Pug, Poodle, Bull Terriers, Corgi, Jack Russell etc.
- MATERIAL: Made of environment friendly thick soft comfy fleece
- WASHING: Machine washable and fine with tumble dry, never shed or fade
- USAGE: Protects furniture from scratching and pet hair, keep couch or bed from dirt
- SERVICE: Well-packed and timely shipped, any suggestions will be welcomed
This Furrybaby product earns our pick for best overall dog blanket because of its extraordinarily soft fabric. Through our testing, we found this fleece blanket offers both warmth and comfort to a dog.
The Furrybaby Premium Fluffy Fleece dog blanket is available in a variety of sizes including small through jumbo. So, this comfy blanket can be enjoyed by a teacup chihuahua, a Great Dane, and every dog breed in-between!
Along with having a choice of sizes, this best overall blanket is available in many colors including beige, pink, blue, red, and brown along with others. An owner who wants this for a couch or for a bed can choose one that complements the décor!
This blanket is low maintenance. We noted that throwing it into the washing machine, then drying it on low heat removes both dirt and dog hair.
One drawback concerning this blanket is it can be damaged by persistent chewing. So, it may not be an ideal choice for chewers.
Check here to check out Furrybaby Premium Fluffy Fleece Blanket on amazon.com.
Best for Crates:Pet Parents Pawtect Blanket
- 100% WATERPROOF PET BLANKET - Our premium cat & dog blankets are slobber, water, and urine proof! WickQuick draws moisture into the dog blanket, so no liquid puddles on top, slides, & spill outs like other blankets! EdgePawtector pushes any liquid into the waterproof dog blanket, & our Sherpup fabric ensures that moisture in the blanket won't seep because of its waterproof impermeable barrier. Our dog & cat blankets will help your cuddles with your dogs, cats, or other furbabies stay dry & cozy!
- PAWTECTING FURNITURE & YOUR HOME - Protect your furniture from scratches, drool, shedding, and those occasional accidents when your pet gets a little too excited to see you. Our stylish & waterproof pet blanket is perfect for your bed, couch, favorite chair, car, or anywhere else your pet likes to hang out! Not only are our pet blankets for protecting furniture, but they are unmatched at protecting your cuddle time with your furbaby.
- UNMATCHED SOFTNESS & COZINESS – Never sacrifice you or your family’s comfort for protection. What's the point of blankets for dogs & a cat blanket if they don't make you want to snuggle up with your pet all day? Our original Pawtect Blankets are made with our specially created faux fur fabric, & our proprietary Sherpup multi-layered fabric which is perfect for more than just ensuring that moisture won't seep through the pet throw blanket, they're also irresistibly soft and comfortable!
- MODERN, NEUTRAL, STYLISH COLORS TO MATCH YOUR HOME – Our pet blankets for dogs perfectly blend comfort and style to ensure messes and stains are a thing of the past. You can now focus on snuggling with your furbaby instead of struggling with the stain remover. Our premium puppy blanket features top-rated, modern colors, and the perfect sizing! Your guests will have no idea your newest throw also doubles as pawtection from pet messes!
- DONT SETTLE FOR AN "ALL THE SAME" PET BLANKET - Get a Pawtect Blanket. Our premium dog blanket leads with our proprietary WickQuick fabric, LockJaw edges for added durability, our proprietary Sherpup fabric, for a waterproof barrier & ultimate softness. Our dog throw blankets, whether for dog blankets for small dogs, dog blankets for medium dogs, dog blankets for large dogs, cats, guinea pigs, lizards, you get it, our Pawtect Blanket is purrfect for all shapes, sizes, & types of furbabies.
Our number one choice of a dog blanket for a crate is made by Pet Parents. Our testing revealed this blanket is waterproof and easy to clean in the washing machine. It’s constructed with WickQuick technology that absorbs urine, water, and any other liquid in the crate. So, a dog remains comfortable even after having an accident. The owner of a new puppy may want to consider this waterproof blanket for crate training.
The fabric of this waterproof dog blanket is a combination of faux fur and Sherpup fabric. This is perfect for a large dog or a small dog to snuggle into on cool evenings.
Dog owners have a choice of three sizes and there are two colors available as well.
In testing this blanket for a crate, we discovered the seams are vulnerable to tearing if there’s persistent chewing.
Click here to check out Pet Parents Pawtect Blanket available on amazon.com.
Best for Large Dogs: Frisco Sherpa Dog Blanket
The Frisco Sherpa dog blanket is our number one choice for large dogs because it’s both comfortable and allows your dog plenty of space to stretch out. This blanket is double-sided with one side covered in durable twill fabric and the other in soft Sherpa fabric. The blanket measures 50 inches long and 40 inches wide. Our testing confirmed the blanket is suitable for large dogs such as a Golden Retriever and canines of similar size.
We determined this blanket would be a durable choice for a bed or for a couch in a home. This stylish blanket adds to a room’s décor. Plus, it provides a place for the dog hair to fall for owners who don’t want their dog shedding on the sofa or bed!
The Sherpa blanket is available in different patterns to suit a dog owner’s color and style preferences. It’s made in a gray basket weave pattern, navy herringbone, or tan novelty paws.
One feature we discovered in our testing is this blanket for a large dog is fairly thin. It’s covered in soft fabric but doesn’t have thick padding.
Click here to check out Frisco Sherpa Dog Blanket available at chewy.com.
Best for Small Dogs: Harmony Tan Pet Throw
This blanket made by Harmony is our number one choice for a small dog because of its soft fleece fabric. At 30 inches wide and 40 inches long, it provides enough wiggle-room for a small dog (or two), while not overwhelming tiny canines.
The neutral color of this blanket makes it suitable for a bed or for a couch in a room with almost any color theme. This blanket provides a solution for the loose dog hair that can collect on sofas, beds, and even easy chairs. It protects furniture while providing a relaxing space for a small dog.
Our reviewers found this blanket isn’t a solid option for chewers. Not suitable for chewers means dogs that chew constantly are likely to tear into this blanket designed for napping.
Click here to check out Harmony Tan Pet Throw at petco.com.
Best Value:Furhaven ThermaNAP Dog Blanket
- DESIGNED FOR PETS: A safe, electricity-free solution to keeping pets warm and toasty; the thermal blanket is equipped with a layer of mylar material that reflects body heat to create a warm sleep surface for dogs and cats to curl up in cozy comfort
- SLEEP SURFACE: The blanket features snuggly soft terry on one side and thick, insulating sherpa on the other to better cater to your pet's desired form of comfort; both materials are gentle on noses and paws for enhanced coziness
- WATERPROOF: The terry fabric is designed with a waterproof interior coating to protect bed and living room furniture against dirt, spills, and accidents
- MULTIPURPOSE: In addition to indoor furniture, the waterproof thermal blanket can also be used as a car seat cover to protect the interior of your car from dirt, dander, and accidents, while providing your pup optimum snuggling comfort
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Silver Gray; Medium, 40" x 30" x 0.5"
The ThermaNAP dog blanket made by Furhaven has a combination of qualities earning it our number one spot for the best value.
One of the most notable ones is this blanket is self-warming. There is no electricity involved in keeping a pooch cozy. The ThermaNAP blanket is designed with layers including a special self-warming core.
Our reviewers noted the waterproof feature of this blanket. This makes it an appealing option for a bed or for a couch. If a dog has an accident or wet paws, the waterproof nature of this blanket protects an item of furniture. If an accident does happen, the blanket is machine washable.
This reasonably priced, best value blanket is available in several colors including silver-gray, denim, dove, and espresso. So, a dog owner can opt for a color that complements the décor in their home. A dog owner can order this blanket in either small or medium.
Our testing revealed this blanket doesn’t stand up to rough treatment such as being carried around or tugged at by a large dog.
Click here to check out Furhaven ThermaNAP Dog Blanket on amazon.com.
How to Choose the Right Dog Blanket
Think about the main purpose of your dog blanket. If your couch or bed is a magnet for dog hair, you probably want a blanket that covers your furniture while providing a comfortable place for your dog. Or, if you’re concerned about keeping accidents and dirty paws off your furniture, an attractive blanket that’s waterproof and made for dog hair loss would be something to consider.
Perhaps you want to narrow your search for a blanket that can fit into a crate. Fortunately, some very soft dogs’ blankets are made in a size perfect for a crate.
Maybe you want something extra special like a personalized dog blanket. If so, it’s best to look for a durable blanket made for comfort that can be personalized as well. A personalized blanket is a keepsake as well as a practical item.
No matter what type of blanket you’re looking for, it’s a smart idea to make a list of at least three must-have features so you get exactly what you want.
Last update on 2022-05-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The 5 Best Dog Blankets: Reviewed for 2022 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How Do I Choose the Right Size Dog Blanket?
First, measure the length of your dog. It’s best to choose a dog blanket that’s at least one foot longer than your dog’s total length. That way, your pet can spread out while still staying on the blanket.
What’s the Most Important Feature of a Blanket for a Crate?
A blanket for a crate should be waterproof. This is because a dog can develop a rash if it lies in urine or other moisture. Of course, a blanket made for comfort is also a must-have for a crate.
Why Would I Choose a Self-Warming Blanket?
People who own dogs with short hair find self-warming dog blankets especially appealing. A short-haired dog may have trouble staying warm during the cold weather months or even on cool summer nights. A self-warming blanket can be an extra layer for the comfort and warmth of your dog.