|#1 Best Overall: Kruuse Rehab Knee Protector for Dogs||Kruuse Rehab Knee Protector for Dogs|
|#2 Best for a Torn ACL: Ortocanis Original Knee Immobilizer for Dogs||Ortocanis Original Knee Immobilizer for Dogs|
|#4 Best for Customization: Labra Supportive Dog Hock Brace||Labra Supportive Dog Hock Brace|
|#5 Best Value: AGON Dog Rear Hock Joint Brace||AGON Dog Rear Hock Joint Brace|
|#6 Best for Staying in Place: Yullya Dog Knee Brace||Yullya Dog Knee Brace|
Dog knee braces can be an invaluable tool for sprains, arthritis, ACL tears, a luxating patella, and other injuries. Some dogs can also benefit from wearing a brace to keep their knee stabilized to prevent a future injury. There are a variety of knee braces on the market for large and small dogs. Braces come in a range of sizes and colors and often include different features, such as being waterproof or customizable for a snug fit.
If you’re here with the question, “what are the best dog knee braces,” we’re here to help. Continue reading to learn more about our top picks. And stay tuned for a new, sixth option that we’ve just added to this list to keep up-to-date for 2022!
As dog parents, we researched and read reviews on all of the products below. We like to get an idea of how products perform before recommending them to our readers. Here are some additional notes about the pros and cons for each dog brace we selected:
- Kruuse Rehab Knee Protector for Dogs: We liked that this brace can some older pups regain their independence. We also found that the sizing guide appears to be pretty accurate. However, users may find that the straps holding the brace up might slide down, especially when the dog lays down, which is a bit of a nuisance.
- Ortocanis Original Knee Immobilizer for Dogs: This was definitely one of our favorite braces. We like how easy it seems to be to put on dogs and how it has stability bars along the side to keep the knee immobilized. Pet owners may need to occasionally adjust the strap on this brace also to prevent it from sliding down periodically.
- Labra Dog Knee Brace Wrap: We liked that this brace seemed to be durable and built to last. However, since you have to use a chest harness with the brace, we wish there was an option to purchase them together.
- Labra Supportive Dog Hock Brace: We really like how easy it is to put this brace on and take it off your dog. However, we wish there were more than just four sizes to offer a better fit for dogs of all sizes.
- AGON Dog Rear Hock Joint Brace: Since a dog in need of a knee brace is likely already experiencing discomfort, we like that this option seems exceptionally comfortable to wear. However, since it is a hock joint brace, we wouldn’t recommend it for ACL tears or other knee issues.
- Yullya Dog Knee Brace: This is a good choice for those situations when it’s extra important for the brace to stay on and positioned properly. However, that comes with the trade-off of potentially being less comfortable. Because the brace stays on with the help of a full-body harness.
The Top Picks for the Best Dog Knee Brace: Ranked
#1 Best Overall:Kruuse Rehab Knee Protector for Dogs
- KRUUSE Rehab Knee Protector helps dogs with lameness and joint pain to an improved quality of life
- This protector has both elastic and a stabilizing effect. Suitable for- Rottweiler, Bullmastiff, Bloodhound, Dogue de Bordeaux
- With the KRUUSE Rehab Knee Protector you can help the dog directly with supporting the joint and muscles until it is no longer deemed necessary
- The Knee protector is used for rehabilitation to improve movement and produce stronger muscles
- Measurements must be taken. No two dogs are the same so use the size chart carefully to find the right size to fit your dog. If your dog is in between sizes go down one size. Note : Please look into the Measurement Guide Image before purchasing the product
The Kruuse Rehab Dog Knee Brace is our top pick. This knee brace is available in eight different sizes ranging from XXX-small to XX-large to accommodate various breeds. You can choose a right- or left-sided brace depending on which knee needs support. The manufacturer recommends consulting with the size guide to ensure a proper fit for your pup.
The brace is designed for use for rehabilitation. It supports the knee to help strengthen the dog’s muscles and allow them to heal.
This brace has a simple and neutral black color; it won’t draw too much unnecessary attention to your pup.
Click here to check out Kruuse Rehab Knee Protector for Dogs on amazon.com.
#2 Best for a Torn ACL:Ortocanis Original Knee Immobilizer for Dogs
The Ortocanis Original Knee Immobilizer is a top choice for a dog knee brace for ACL injuries, other ligament ruptures, and patellar luxation. The brace is designed to help a dog strengthen their muscles and improve their overall balance.
It features a lateral aluminum splint. This splint works to stabilize the knee and reduce movement, leading to less pain and better healing.
The brace offers an ergonomic design and is constructed from neoprene to help keep dogs comfortable. It is available in nine different sizes (mini to XXL) for both left and right legs.
Click here to check out Ortocanis Original Knee Immobilizer for Dogs on amazon.com.
#3 Most Durable:Labra Dog Knee Brace Wrap
- SIZING - PLEASE SEE PHOTOS SECTION FOR BRACE DIMENSIONS BY SIZE - *NOTE* THESE BRACES ARE NOT APPROPRIATE FOR SMALL BREEDS
- CHEST HARNESS NOT INCLUDED - Your dog must have a properly fitting chest harness for this brace to be effective
- HEAL NATURALLY - Surgery is NOT the only option when your dog has suffered a knee injury. Our braces are made to provide maximum support while allowing for an active injury recovery process.
- POST-SURGERY REHAB - If you choose the surgical route, our braces are an excellent option for post-op knee support and stabilization during the rehab process.
- PATENT PENDING - This knee brace was designed from the ground up to be the most effective and most comfortable canine knee brace on the market. Our Patent Pending design is truly one of a kind.
The Labra Dog Knee Brace for Luxating Patella, ACL tears, sprains, and other injuries is our top pick for the most durable model. This brace is designed for use with medium and large-breed dogs. It is designed to hook to a dog’s chest harness to keep the strap from slipping and ensure the knee stays stabilized.
You may choose to use this as an alternative to surgery to keep your dog comfortable and help their injury heal. It can also be a good choice to help your dog rehabilitate when surgery is necessary.
Labra chose a neutral gray color for this patent-pending brace.
Click here to check out Labra Dog Knee Brace Wrap on amazon.com.
#4 Best for Customization: Labra Supportive Dog Hock Brace
While this brace from Labra is technically a hock brace and not a knee brace, it is another supportive option to consider. The brace is perfect for dogs with arthritis in their rear hock joint (like our ankle joints) and works to compress and stabilize the area to make it less painful and easier for your dog to move.
The brace is made from a quality neoprene material that is flexible to ensure your dog still can move freely, while also ensuring that their hock joint gets the support it needs. You can customize the fit of the brace using the hook and eye straps based on the width of your dog’s leg.
Click here to check out Labra Supportive Dog Hock Brace on chewy.com.
#5 Best Value:AGON Dog Rear Hock Joint Brace
- CIRCUMFERENCE Above Hock Measurement: S: 3.75" ; M: 4.50" ; L: 5.25" ; XL: 6"
- -- How Agon Dog Wrap will help you dog: -- Heal the pain due to injury or surgery Provide support and stabilization during the injury Assist them to loosen the inflammation Save them from future injuries -It is observed that the dog gets its 2nd knee injured soon after the first one. This is due to the imbalance caused by the injury in one leg. The Agon Dog Braces makes sure that the balance of the body is maintained, so the dog doesn’t get into any more injuries of joints.
- WHY IS AGON REAR HOCK BRACE THE BEST FOR YOUR DOG? Agon Dog Brace is made of smooth mesh sheet which is easy to wear, doesn’t hurt the skin, and is easy to wash. The nylon material used in the making are robust and flexible at the same time. The Velcro in the brace is also a great addition to the ease of brace.
- The next time you dog needs a good support, go ahead with Agon Dog Braces as they will never let you down.
- SIZES OF AGON REAR HOCK JOINT DOG BRACE Depending on the breed of the dog, the sizes would vary. Agon provides you with 4 size options which are Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large. Moreover, all the sizes have two starps, which provides the ease to the user and the dog and can help fit the brace perfectly on the knee or body part. To get a perfect size is crucial as it will not loosen and stay tight all long. A perfect size speeds the process of healing for the dog.
This rear hock joint brace from ACON is reasonably priced and can help your dog regain mobility and allow their leg injuries to heal. You can choose from five different sizes (x-small through x-large) based on the circumference of your dog’s leg.
The brace works to stabilize the hock joint (like our ankle) to help it heal and make it more comfortable for the dog to walk. While this isn’t technically a knee brace, stabilizing the ankle may also help take some pressure off a dog’s knee for increased comfort.
The hook and eye straps will help you get a snug and secure fit to give your dog’s injury the stabilization it needs to heal.
Click here to check out AGON Dog Rear Hock Joint Brace on amazon.com.
#6 Best for Staying in Place: Yullya Dog Knee Brace
When finding the best knee and leg brace for your dog, you end up doing a bit of a balancing act. You want a brace that’s comfortable for your dog- one they barely notice is there and they don’t fuss with it. But it’s also important that the brace is secure enough that it doesn’t shift around too much or need constant adjustment.
So while this brace may not be the most minimal option, it’s designed to stay put as much as possible. The main knee brace piece secures to an upper-body harness so it won’t slide down.
While dogs who are used to wearing a harness probably won’t mind this brace, not all dogs will find it comfortable, especially for round-the-clock wear. Though, the discomfort of a trustworthy brace is preferable to exacerbating a serious injury.
That stability makes this a good choice for dogs with more severe injuries or those who are recovering from surgeries. Dogs can lie down, play, and go on walks with their knees totally stabilized the whole time, and they won’t be able to lick at wounds or stitches.
This product is easily adjustable, but it will still be important to get accurate measurements of your dog and consult the sizing chart accordingly. This brace seems to be suitable for ACL/CCL tears, sprains, and arthritis, as it can help increase blood circulation.
Check out the Yullya Dog Knee Brace here.
How to Choose the Right Knee Brace for Your Dog
Before you begin shopping for a knee brace for your dog, it is important to decide exactly what you’re looking for. Use the features described below to help you make sure you select a knee brace that will meet your needs and expectations and, ultimately, help your dog heal and feel better.
Nature of the Injury
First, consider the type of injury your dog has. For example, some dog braces are better suited for arthritis, while others may be better for rehabilitation. Your dog’s veterinarian is the best resource to help you determine which knee brace style is best for your dog’s needs.
Dog knee braces for luxating patella and other injuries should have a snug fit. This will enable the brace to do its job and stabilize your dog’s knee. Be sure to consult with the sizing guide provided by the manufacturer to select the appropriate size for your pup.
Additionally, pay attention to which leg is injured, as many braces are specifically designed to be used on either the right or left legs or front or hind legs. In some cases, you may find that a custom-made brace will offer the best fit for your pup.
Finding a brace that offers adequate support is essential. The most supportive braces will feature straps that will allow for customizable support and fit. Again, custom-made braces may
Materials and Durability
Pay attention to the materials used to make each brace. Not only do you want to make sure that the materials will feel nice against your dog’s skin, but you want them to be durable and hold up well over time.
Braces made of neoprene may be a good option to consider. Neoprene, which is the same fabric used to make wetsuits, is very durable and can help keep your dog’s knee stabilized. Neoprene is also waterproof. Choosing a waterproof brace can help prevent it from getting ruined if your dog goes out in the rain. Additionally, the fabric is also soft enough to keep your dog comfortable while they wear their brace.
Best Dog Knee Braces Summary
|#1||Overall||Kruuse Rehab Knee Protector for Dogs|
|#2||Torn ACL||Ortocanis Original Knee Immobilizer for Dogs|
|#3||Durability||Labra Dog Knee Brace Wrap|
|#4||Customization||Labra Supportive Dog Hock Brace|
|#5||Good Value||AGON Dog Rear Hock Joint Brace|
|#6||Staying in Place||Yullya Dog Knee Brace|
Last update on 2022-06-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Compare the 6 Best Dog Knee Braces: Updated for 2022 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Do dog knee braces help?
Yes, in many cases a dog knee brace can help. Depending on the exact type of injury, your vet may recommend using a knee brace for your dog. Braces can be used for rehabilitation, for arthritis, for sprains, or to help stabilize the knee and prevent a future injury.
Do dog knee braces work for dogs with torn ACL?
While a knee brace may offer some added support and stability for dogs with a torn ACL, using a knee brace likely won’t remove the need for surgery. A dog knee brace ACL may be recommended by your veterinarian depending on the nature of the tear.
How do you stabilize a dog’s knee?
Using a knee brace can help you stabilize your dog’s knee to keep them more comfortable, reduce the pain they’re experiencing, and allow their injury to heal. You can find dog knee braces for a luxating patella, dog knee braces for ACL tears, braces for arthritis, braces for rehabilitation, braces for sprains, and more. The right brace for your dog will vary based on their specific injury and the recommendations from their veterinarian.
How long should a dog wear a knee brace?
Every injury is different, so the length of time a dog will need to wear a knee brace can vary. You’ll want to consult with your veterinarian to see what they recommend based on the specific needs of your pup. Generally speaking, however, dogs should wear their knee brace all day while they are awake, and it can be taken off at night before bed. Most dogs will need to continue wearing the brace for a few months to let the injury fully heal, but again, this can vary.
How much do dog knee braces cost?
The cost to purchase a dog knee brace can vary. Most models are priced between about $30 and $100. However, if you’re looking for a custom-made brace, you should expect to spend a good deal more than this.