November 2, 2020
AZ Animals Staff
Australian Terrier Facts
- Courageous, energetic and confident
- Should be trained from an early age and respond best to fun and challenging training methods
- Average Litter Size
- Common Name
- Australian Terrier
- Spirited, alert and courageous!
Australian Terrier Physical Characteristics
- Skin Type
The Australian Terrier is spirited, alert, courageous, and self-confident, with the natural aggressiveness of a ratter and hedge hunter, as a companion, friendly and affectionate.
Aussies are very intelligent. They are happiest when with their families, and therefore they should not be left outside for long periods of time. They are natural watchdogs and will sound the alarm if a strange animal or person approaches.
As with other terriers, they can be dog-aggressive and somewhat bossy, and care must be taken when living in a multi-pet household. In general, adult male terriers do not get along well with other adult male dogs.View all 57 animals that start with A
- David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
- Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
- David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
- Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
- David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
- Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals