Blue Lacy Dog
November 8, 2019
AZ Animals Staff
Blue Lacy Dog Facts:
Training: Should be trained from an early age as they can become dominant
Average Litter Size: 5
Slogan: Originated in Texas in the mid 1800s!
Blue Lacy Dog Physical Characteristics:Colour: Blue, Grey, White, Brown, Cream, Tan, Fawn
The Blue Lacy dog is a breed of working dog that originated in Texas in the mid-1800s, and they are the only dog breed to have originated in that state.
Lacys are intelligent, intense, active and always alert. Developed to be both hunting and herding dogs, they display an incredible drive and determination to work.
Bold and tough with tremendous heart, they have enough grit to stop big game and control difficult livestock. Lacys are also devoted to their family, are naturally protective and may be wary of strangers.
Young dogs may have too much energy and drive for small children. Being extremely smart, they are easy to train, learning new skills quickly.
The Blue Lacy is a working breed and most need a job. Work they excel at includes herding livestock, running trap lines and hunting wild hogs. Modern activities like agility that stress intelligence, passion, speed and nimbleness may be appropriate substitutes for traditional work.
1. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
2. Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
3. David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
4. Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
5. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
6. Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals