October 4, 2020
AZ Animals Staff
English Shepherd Facts:
Common Name: English Shepherd
English Shepherd Physical Characteristics:Skin Type: Hair
Lifespan: 16 years
Weight: 27kg (60lbs)
The English Shepherd temperament is the defining characteristic of the breed, with great intelligence and often a unique type of kindness for those in his home, both animals and people. The English Shepherd is often an independent worker.
English Shepherds are adaptable and learn routines quickly. Some can be watchful of strangers and are more one-person dogs. However, once he accepts people or children or stock as his own, there are few better caretakers than an English Shepherd.
The English Shepherd frequently exhibits an independent, bossy or enforcer of the rules streak in his temperament. If the dog's desire to enforce order is not channelled and directed to a suitable end by a strong, confident leader, he may exhibit many undesirable behaviours.
English shepherds can thrive as companion dogs in many environments. This breed was selected on diverse small family farms in the past and has been selected to work in a partnership arrangement with his master.View all 21 animals that start with E
1. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
2. Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
3. David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
4. Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
5. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
6. Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals