Canaan Dog Facts
The name of the domestic breed
The area where the animal first came from
How long (L) or tall (H) the animal is
The measurement of how heavy the animal is
How long the animal lives for
The domestic group such as cat or dog
Canaan Dog Location
Map of Africa
Canaan DogCanaan Dogs have a strong survival instinct. They are quick to react and wary of strangers, and will alert to any disturbances with prompt barking, thus making them excellent watchdogs.
Though defensive, they are not aggressive and are very good with children. They are intelligent and learn quickly, but may get bored with repetitive exercises or ignore commands if they find something of more interest.
Canaan Dog Comments
Update your Canaan Dog phobia filter.
View printer friendly version of Canaan Dog article.
Learn how you can use or cite the Canaan Dog article in your website content, school work and other projects.
First Published: 1st December 2008, Last Updated: 9th January 2017 [View Sources]
1. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals [Accessed at: 01 Dec 2008]
2. David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia [Accessed at: 01 Jan 2011]
3. Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals [Accessed at: 01 Dec 2008]
4. Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species [Accessed at: 01 Jan 2009]
5. Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals [Accessed at: 01 Dec 2008]