Australian Kelpie Dog
September 29, 2020
AZ Animals Staff
Australian Kelpie Dog Facts:
Training: Should be trained from an early age and should be firm but fair
Common Name: Australian Kelpie Dog
Slogan: Friendly, intelligent and energetic!
Australian Kelpie Dog Physical Characteristics:Colour: Brown, Red, Black, Tan
Skin Type: Hair
Kelpies are loyal, friendly, intelligent, energetic dogs that require a challenging job to be satisfactory companions.
They need to be stimulated as idle and bored dogs become frustrated, noisy, and destructive. With personalised love and attention, they can be very placid and faithful, although they do need space to run. For the show or bench Kelpie, walks and socialisation may be sufficient to keep them happy. A working bred Kelpie must have a job to do and plenty of exercise and mental stimulation to remain healthy and companionable.
A Kelpie is not aggressive towards people and cannot be considered a guard dog, though he will certainly bark when necessary. Working Kelpies may nip when working stock and should be taught early not to do so to humans.View all 54 animals that start with A
1. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
2. Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
3. David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
4. Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
5. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
6. Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals