|Pet Grooming Glove – Gentle Deshedding Brush
|Handson Pet Grooming Gloves
|KCT Pet Care Pet Grooming Gloves
|Bitebuster Padded Super Bite Resistant Pet Grooming Sleeve
- The #1 Best Overall cat grooming glove is the Pet Grooming Glove Gentle Deshedding Brush.
- Cat grooming gloves are a great tool to help keep your cat’s fur groomed properly, while avoiding injury from scratches and bites your cat may inflict.
- Traditional cat brushes can have rough bristles that tug at your cat’s fur, causing pain or irritation to the cat’s skin. Cat grooming gloves tend to be gentler on your cat, cutting back on a hostile reaction.
- The gloves we recommend vary in features. Some are machine washable, some are more affordable, some are better suited for long-haired cats than others, and some are more protective. Price varies based on the features you are looking for.
Many people consider cats the most exciting pets to keep around. Cats are known for their friendliness with their owners, and they embrace attention from humans through things such as petting and playing.
A study published in the Journal of Vascular and International Neurology discloses a significant correlation between owning a cat and reducing stress levels. The study expounds that cat owners have reduced the risk of up to 30% contracting cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and cholesterol issues. This explains why many people prefer to keep cats as their pets.
As aforementioned, cats are exciting pets to keep around, but some breeds have a characteristic of shedding fur which may consequently stick into the fabric of clothing, beddings, or couches, making it difficult to clean up. Also, the fur may stick on the floor, making it a pretty tedious task to clean it.
If your cat sheds fur often you need suitable gloves to groom them to avoid challenges that come along with your cat shedding fur where it is not needed.
This page explores the best grooming gloves on the market that will offer the best grooming service to your cat.
A-Z-Animals Top Picks For Cat Grooming Gloves
#1 Best Overall: Pet Grooming Glove Gentle Deshedding Brush
We have selected the Pet Grooming Glove Gentle Deshedding Brush as the best cat grooming glove on the market today.
Our choice is motivated by the unique and comfortable grooming experience that the gloves deliver. This grooming glove features high quality silicon tips which are uniquely designed to mimic the feel of your hand and deliver the ultimate massage experience or your pet. However, the best feature of this glove is that the hair simply sticks to it, making it super easy to simply peel the hair off it and discard it. This also means that this glove is ideal for both long and short-haired cats as it does not pull the fur.
Another stand out feature of this glove is that you can use it as a bath brush to both massage your pet and remove excess hair while washing them. The manufacturer also stands by this product with a two-year warranty to provide you with the assurance that you are only purchasing a superior quality product.
However, there is only one size available which means it is not suited to everyone. Additionally, some customers have reported that while it effectively removes loose hair it does not collect it very well.
Pros and Cons of the Pet Grooming Glove Gentle Deshedding Brush
|This glove features high quality silicone tips which mimic the feel of your hand to provide the ultimate massage experience for your pet.
|There is only one size available.
|Hair simply sticks to this glove rather than being pulled off, also allowing it to be discarded easily.
|It does not gather the hair well after removing it.
|It is suitable for both long and short-haired cats.
|It has a two-year manufacturer’s guarantee.
2. Best Rubber Grooming Gloves: Hands-On Pet Grooming Gloves
Our selection as the best rubber grooming gloves are the Hands-On Pet Grooming Gloves which feature soft rubber nodules on the finger tips.
These gloves have bristle tips on the fingers and round tips on the palm. This enables you to gently remove excess hair, tangles, and debris from your cat’s skin and fur. The bristles are non-abrasive, and thus you can groom your animal without hurting its skin.
These gloves are suitable for use for either long or short hair The flexible rubber nodules tenderly massage your pet and remove excess hair without plucking it out from your cat’s skin. In addition, the soft nodules ensure the distribution of natural oils for healthy skin and coats.
These gloves are easy to clean by just rubbing your gloved hands together through running water or just by putting them in the washing machine. These gloves have a hook and loop fastening, which ensures that the gloves do not fall off during the grooming experience, whether dry or wet.
However, some users have reported that these gloves create a lot of static.
Pros and Cons of the Hands-On Pet Grooming Gloves
|These gloves feature soft rubber nodules which are great for massaging pets.
|They create a lot of static.
|They have bristles on the finger tips and round nodules on the palm for removing excess hair.
|They are suitable for use on pets with long or short hair.
3. Best for Deshedding: KCT Pet Care Pet Grooming Gloves
We have selected the KCT Pet Care Pet Grooming Gloves as the best for deshedding.
One of the most unique features of these gloves is that they contain 260 silicone combs per glove. With these combs, you can remove a lot of fur with every stroke, making your cat glow as if it has come from a professional groomer.
The palm is made from natural silicon and not rubber. This means that it has a greater lifetime use and durability, conserving the environment. The gloves help in trimming excess hairs and bathing your cat. You would need a professional cleaner to clean your cat, but you can clean your cat all by yourself with these gloves. This saves your grooming money and keeps your home smelling fresh for longer. These gloves even come with a lint roller so you can remove hair from clothing and furniture during grooming sessions.
Unfortunately, these gloves only come in a single size which some customers have reported is too large for them.
Pros and Cons of the KCT Pet Care Pet Grooming Gloves
|Non-toxic and Ecofriendly
|They only come in one large size.
|The palms of these gloves are made from natural silicone.
|They only come in one large size.
|Each glove contains 260 silicone combs.
|They come with a lint roller for removing hair from clothes and furniture.
4. Best Anti-Bite Gloves: Bitebuster Padded Super Bite Resistant Pet Grooming Sleeve
If your cat bites or scratches you during grooming sessions then we recommend the Bitebuster Padded Super Bite Resistant Pet Grooming Sleeve.
This glove features double-layered Kevlar and puncture-resistant polymers which can stand up to scratches and bites. It is also completely tear-resistant which means you can groom your pet without fear of scratches or bites. However, it is still flexible enough to allow you a full range of movement. It is also washable so it can be cleaned easily.
However, this glove is a more expensive option.
Pros and Cons of the Bitebuster Padded Super Bite Resistant Pet Grooming Sleeve
|This glove features double-layered Kevlar and puncture-resistant polymers.
|This glove is more expensive than other options.
|It is completely tear-resistant.
|It is flexible to allow for a full range of movement.
|It is washable for easy cleaning.
- Features double-layered Kevlar and puncture-resistant polymers
- Comfortable and flexible
- Completely washable
- Puncture and tear-resistant
Choosing the Best Cat Grooming Glove
When choosing the best grooming gloves to purchase, there are three factors that you should put into consideration.
The grooming experience should be gentle and enjoyable for the cat. Traditional brushes have rough bristles which may painfully pluck fur and cause irritation to the cat’s skin. Therefore, when purchasing a grooming glove, you should consider one that makes the grooming experience comfortable and makes your cat feel like it is being petted.
Some cats are aggressive during grooming so you need to ensure that your gloves are scratch-resistant. If your gloves are not scratch resistant they may wear out soon due to the cat’s bites and scratches.
Ease of Use
Removing fur should be an easy task and not time-consuming. The best choice should be for the glove that covers a large surface area at once and gently cover far-end and sensitive areas like the neck and stomach. Some gloves come with a lint roller, which easily removes hair from clothing and furniture during your grooming sessions. Your glove should also be easy to clean using tap water or the washing machine.
Our Criteria: How We Chose the Best
When creating our list of the best cat grooming gloves for your consideration, we researched many products to find the ones that met our criteria, which included: durability, functionality, size, affordability.
- Functionality: Many grooming brushes have rough bristles that pluck fur from cats during grooming, causing skin irritation and cat aggressiveness. This is why we recommend grooving gloves that are soft and will provide a comfortable experience for your pet.
- Durability: Some gloves are simply not durable enough and can wear out quickly. Therefore, we recommend using gloves that are bite and scratch resistant.
- Size: Although it is possible to use small-sized gloves we recommend large-sized gloves that cover almost your cat’s entire length, enabling access to sensitive parts and therefore giving your cat a thrilling experience.
- Affordability: Most of the gloves we’ve added to our list come in an affordable range or $12-$25. We did include a pricier option at around $70 for those of you that have feisty cats or are groomers. This particular glove covers your entire arm to ensure your safety against scratches and bites.
- The Best Furminator Brushes: Reviewed — We’ve researched and tested Furminator’s top brushes to explore which ones are best for dogs, cats, long hair, short hair, and everything in between.
- The Top Cat Grooming Tools That Actually Work — Check out our selection of the best cat grooming tools here.
- The Best Brushes for Short-Haired Cats — Do you have a short-haired cat? Check out our selection of the best brushes for your feline friend here.
The Best Cat Grooming Glove: Reviewed and Ranked FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Do cat enjoy being groomed?
Yes, most cats enjoy being groomed. As well as the health benefits to your feline, grooming can help strengthen the bond between you and your pet.
Why is it important to remove excess hair from cats?
By grooming your cat and removing the excess hair that they are shedding you are helping them to get rid of the dead hair which is in their coat. Removing this not only makes them feel better but helps to avoid the risk of hairballs which are caused by your cat washing and licking the dead hair themselves.
Thank you for reading! Have some feedback for us? Contact the AZ Animals editorial team.