September 22, 2020
AZ Animals Staff
Bichon Frise Facts:
Training: Should be trained from an early age due to its hyperactive nature
Average Litter Size: 4
Slogan: Gentle mannered, playful and affectionate!
Bichon Frise Physical Characteristics:Colour: White
The well-bred Bichon Frise is gentle mannered, feisty, sensitive, playful, and affectionate. A cheerful attitude is a prominent personality trait.
Most Bichon Frise enjoy socialising with people and most dogs. Bichon Frise may be relatively stubborn, but are also said to be patient.
They may tend to nip gently in play. They may have sudden bursts of energy resulting in the blitz or buzz, where they race around in circles until they collapse happily onto their backs.Bichon Frise are wonderful family dogs.
The Bichon Frise is a small but sturdy dog that has a black nose and dark round eyes, and its white hair consists of a curly outer-coat and a silky undercoat.
The Bichon Frise descended from the Barbet or Water Spaniel, from which came the name Barbichon, later shortened to Bichon. The Bichons were divided into four categories which are the Bichon Malteise, the Bichon Bolognaise, the Bichon Havanese and the Bichon Tenerife. All originated in the Mediterranean area.View all 66 animals that start with B
1. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
2. Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
3. David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
4. Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
5. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
6. Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals