September 29, 2020
AZ Animals Staff
Common Name: Havanese
Havanese Physical Characteristics:Skin Type: Hair
Lifespan: 15 years
Weight: 5kg (12lbs)
The Havanese is a breed of dog of the Bichon type, which do not shed.
These dogs were developed from the now extinct Bichon Tenerife, which was introduced to the Canary Islands by the Spanish and later to other islands and colonies of Spain by sailors.
They are very playful dogs and good with older, more considerate children.View all 27 animals that start with H
1. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
2. Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
3. David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
4. Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
5. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
6. Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals