October 4, 2020
AZ Animals Staff
Norfolk Terrier Facts:
Common Name: Norfolk Terrier
Norfolk Terrier Physical Characteristics:Skin Type: Hair
Lifespan: 15 years
Weight: 5kg (12lbs)
Norfolks are described as fearless, but should not be aggressive despite being capable of defending themselves if need be. They along with Border Terriers, have the softest temperaments of the Terrier Group.
Norfolks work in packs and must get along with other dogs. As companions in the bed, they love people and children and do make good pets. Their activity level is generally reflective of the pace of their environment.
This breed should not be kept or live outside since they thrive on human contact. Generally, Norfolks are not given to unnecessary barking or digging but, like any dog, will do either out of boredom when left alone for too long a period.
They generally cohabit well with other household pets when introduced as a puppy. Though, in the outdoors they are natural hunters with a strong prey drive for small vermin.View all 10 animals that start with N
1. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
2. Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
3. David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
4. Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
5. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
6. Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals