Shih Tzu Facts
Most widely used name for this species
The area where the animal first came from
How long (L) or tall (H) the animal is
The measurement of how heavy the animal is
How long the animal lives for
The domestic group such as cat or dog
Shih Tzu Location
Map of Asia
Shih TzuThe Shih Tzu is a small breed of dog native to the mountains of Tibet near China. The dog has a long double-coat which provides the shih tzu with the warmth it needs to survive in such a cold climate.
The shih tzu generally gets to between 13 and 15 years old and are found to be quiet and inquisitive dogs. The shih tzu often makes a good dog to keep with bigger dogs as they can alert the larger dogs of any coming danger.
Shih Tzu Comments
Update your Shih Tzu phobia filter.
View printer friendly version of Shih Tzu article.
Learn how you can use or cite the Shih Tzu article in your website content, school work and other projects.
First Published: 11th November 2008, Last Updated: 10th September 2018
1. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals [Accessed at: 11 Nov 2008]
2. David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia [Accessed at: 01 Jan 2011]
3. Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals [Accessed at: 11 Nov 2008]
4. Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species [Accessed at: 01 Jan 2009]
5. Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals [Accessed at: 11 Nov 2008]