American Water Spaniel
September 22, 2020
AZ Animals Staff
American Water Spaniel Facts:
Training: Should be trained from an early age using short, ongoing sessions as assertive training methods tend to be ineffective
Average Litter Size: 5
Slogan: Friendly and intelligent!
American Water Spaniel Physical Characteristics:Colour: Black, Dark Brown, Brown
An American original, this competent retriever also doubles as a flushing spaniel. Like many of the spaniel breeds, it hunts both feather and fur (and even fish) with equal enthusiasm.
Friendly, intelligent, and often willing to please, this dog is also very protective of its owner. In old age the dog may become temperamental. This dog is very soft-mouthed but can be trained to play tug-of-war. It will be very attached to the alpha of the house and think of children as kennel mates until they grow up.
Unspayed females will have a mind of their own when in heat (even when very well trained). This little brown dog also has many of the common spaniel characteristics.View all 54 animals that start with A
1. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
2. Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
3. David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
4. Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
5. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
6. Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals