Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
November 2, 2020
AZ Animals Staff
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Facts:
Common Name: Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Group: Gun Dog
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Physical Characteristics:Skin Type: Hair
Lifespan: 15 years
Weight: 8kg (18lbs)
The breed is highly affectionate, and some have called the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel the ultimate lap dog or the love sponge of dogs.
Most dogs of the breed are playful, extremely patient and eager to please. As such, dogs of the breed are usually good with children and other dogs. A well-socialized Cavalier will not be shy about socializing with much larger dogs. However, on occasion, this tendency can be dangerous, as many cavaliers will presume all other dogs to be equally friendly, and may attempt to greet and play with aggressive dogs.
Cavaliers will adapt quickly to almost any environment, family, and location. Their ability to bond with larger and smaller dogs make them ideal for houses with more than one breed of dog.
Cavaliers are great with people of all ages, from children to seniors, making them a very versatile dog.View all 58 animals that start with C
- David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
- Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
- David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
- Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
- David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
- Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals