November 2, 2020
AZ Animals Staff
Ibizan Hound Facts:
Common Name: Ibizan Hound
Ibizan Hound Physical Characteristics:Skin Type: Hair
Lifespan: 14 years
Weight: 25kg (55lbs)
Ibizan Hounds are very intelligent, active, and engaging by nature. They are true clowns of the dog world, delighting in entertaining their people with their antics. Though somewhat independent and stubborn at times, they do take well to training if positive methods are used, but will balk at punitive training methods.
They are generally quiet, but will alarm bark if necessary, so they make good watch dogs. They are sensitive hounds, and very good around children and other dogs alike.
They generally make good house dogs, but are active and athletic, therefore need a lot of daily exercise. They do not make good kennel dogs.View all 14 animals that start with I
- David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
- Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
- David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
- Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
- David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
- Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals