Anatolian Shepherd Dog
September 22, 2020
AZ Animals Staff
Anatolian Shepherd Dog Facts:
Training: Should be trained from an early age and respond best to motivational training as they can be dominant and stubborn
Average Litter Size: 9
Slogan: Guards it's master's flocks!
Anatolian Shepherd Dog Physical Characteristics:Colour: Red, Brown, White, Cream
The Anatolian was developed to be independent and forceful, responsible for guarding its master's flocks without human assistance or direction.
Anatolian shepherd dogs, as the name suggests, originates in Kangal region of Sivas, Turkey. they can grow up to be 240 lbs. These traits make it challenging as a pet; owners of dogs of this breed must socialize the dogs to turn them into appropriate companions. They are intelligent and can learn quickly but might choose not to obey; this is not a dog for a beginning or shy owner. They become very protective of other animals in the household, and will treat them as their flock.
They have also been known to kill bears to protect their charges. According to Turkish shepherds, three Anatolian Shepherd Dogs are capable of overcoming a pack of five wolves and kill one of two of them.View all 54 animals that start with A
1. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
2. Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
3. David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
4. Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
5. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
6. Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals