November 2, 2020
AZ Animals Staff
Bedlington Terrier Facts
- Bold, confident and playful
- Should be trained from an early age due to their hyperactive nature
- Average Litter Size
- Common Name
- Bedlington Terrier
- Highly active and intelligent dogs!
Bedlington Terrier Physical Characteristics
- Skin Type
The Bedlington Terrier is a breed of terrier named after the mining town of Bedlington, Northumberland in North East England.
These do-all dogs were able to do almost anything asked of them, if in classic terrier manner. In contrast to its placid appearance, the Bedlington Terrier would come across few problems if felt threatened.
In addition, it was fast enough to bay a badger or a fox and was a first-rate water dog. Incredibly smart and attentive to its owner, the Bedlington is one of the most reliable of the terriers.
They are problem solvers and loyal family companions and known to be highly active and intelligent dogs. The Bedlington terrier is a bold, affectionate and playful breed of domestic dog.View all 74 animals that start with B
- David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
- Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
- David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
- Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
- David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
- Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals