Black Russian Terrier
November 8, 2019
AZ Animals Staff
Black Russian Terrier Facts:
Training: Should be trained from an early age as they will become dominant
Average Litter Size: 5
Slogan: Confident, calm and highly intelligent!
Black Russian Terrier Physical Characteristics:Colour: Black, Grey
The black Russian terrier is confident, calm, highly intelligent, brave and loyal. However, without proper training and socialisation, they can become aggressive. It should never be timid, and will not hesitate to defend the people that it loves if it thinks they are threatened.
The Black Russian Terrier may seem aloof, but needs human companionship and bonds deeply to its family. They are wary of strangers and take a long time to warm up to unfamiliar people, thus they make excellent guard dogs.
Black Russian Terriers are dominant by nature and need confident owners who have experience handling similar dogs.
The Black Russian Terrier gives the impression of great strength, athleticism, and courage. It should be rustic (but not coarse) in appearance, and should not look as though its coat is sculpted or trimmed. It should never appear to lack substance or be weak in any way. Males should be noticeably more masculine than females.
1. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
2. Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
3. David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
4. Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
5. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
6. Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals