November 2, 2020
AZ Animals Staff
Giant Schnauzer Facts:
Common Name: Giant Schauzer
Giant Schnauzer Physical Characteristics:Skin Type: Hair
Lifespan: 12 years
Weight: 35kg (77lbs)
The Giant Schnauzer is a large, powerful, dominant dog which needs a firm, consistent but friendly handler. Unnecessary harshness will only do harm.
Early and consistent training is necessary as Giant Schnauzers tend to be very willful and highly intelligent dogs. Their ability to understand a command does not always translate into obedience.
Giant Schnauzers are fiercely loyal, often becoming so attached to their owner that they follow them around the house. They are extremely kind natured (similar to that of a retriever or Labrador) and a good choice for those with children.View all 45 animals that start with G
- David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
- Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
- David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
- Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
- David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
- Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals