September 22, 2020
AZ Animals Staff
Boston Terrier Facts:
Training: Should be trained from an early age in a patient and understanding way
Average Litter Size: 4
Slogan: Friendly, lovable and very strong!
Boston Terrier Physical Characteristics:Colour: Black, Red, Brown, White, Tan, Grey
Boston Terriers have friendly, very strong, lovable, unforgettable personalities. Bostons can range in temperaments from those that are eager to please their master to those that are more stubborn. Both can be easily trained given a patient and assertive owner.
While originally bred for fighting, they were later down bred for companionship. The modern Boston Terrier can be gentle, alert, expressive, and well-mannered. It must be noted however, that they are not considered terriers by the American Kennel Club, but are part of the non-sporting group.
Boston Terrier is something of a misnomer. They were originally a cross-breed between the Old English Bulldog and the English White Terrier. Both breeds are now extinct.
Boston Terriers are typically small, compactly built, well proportioned dogs with erect ears, short tails, and a short muzzle that should be free of wrinkles. The head is in proportion to the size of the dog and the expression indicates a high degree of intelligence.View all 66 animals that start with B
1. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
2. Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
3. David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
4. Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
5. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
6. Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals