November 8, 2019
AZ Animals Staff
Training: Should be trained from an early age due to their stubborn nature
Average Litter Size: 10
Slogan: Friendly, loving and docile!
Bulldog Physical Characteristics:Colour: Tan, Fawn, White, Brown, Black
Despite their famous sour-mug expression, bulldogs are generally docile, friendly and gregarious but occasionally willful. Breeders have worked to breed aggression out of the breed, and as such the dog is known to be of generally good temperament.
Bulldogs can be so attached to home and family that they will not venture out of the yard without a human companion. Due to their friendly nature bulldogs are known for getting along well with children, other dogs and pets.
A bulldog is suitable for houses as well as apartments due to their size and susceptibility to the weather. They are easily trainable as compared with many other breeds.
The bulldog is a breed with characteristically thick shoulders and a matching head. There are generally thick folds of skin on a bulldog's brow, followed by round, black, wide-set eyes, a short muzzle with characteristic folds above the nose, drooping lips, and pointed teeth.
1. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
2. Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
3. David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
4. Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
5. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
6. Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals