American Staffordshire Terrier
September 22, 2020
AZ Animals Staff
American Staffordshire Terrier Facts:
Training: Should be trained from a very early age using assertive techniques and should be intensively socialised with other dogs
Average Litter Size: 6
Slogan: Bred to be extremely friendly!
American Staffordshire Terrier Physical Characteristics:Colour: Black, White, Tan, Brown
The American Staffordshire Terrier dogs should be courageous, tenacious, friendly, extremely attentive, and extraordinarily devoted.
Bred to be extremely friendly towards humans, American Staffordshire Terriers are not natural guard dogs. An overly protective and/or aggressive behavior, accompanied by fearlessness, is generally a bad sign. These dogs are good with children and owners, can sometimes get along with other dogs, cats and any other animal if raised properly and introduced through puppy years.
They can be aggressive if not socialized properly. These dogs learn quickly from the subtlest of our behaviors. They are thus not only highly responsive during training, but also pick up good habits, such as house training. This can become a problem when an owner unknowingly allows the dog to pick up bad behaviors. A typical training regimen should begin at 8 to 10 weeks of age.
It has been proven that Positive Reinforcement Training works very well with this breed.View all 54 animals that start with A
1. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
2. Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
3. David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
4. Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
5. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
6. Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals