September 22, 2020
AZ Animals Staff
Average Litter Size: 5
Slogan: Adoring, elegant and affectionate!
Burmese Physical Characteristics:Colour: Brown, Black, Blue, Lilac, Cream, Ginger
The Burmese cat is native to the south-east Asian countries of Myanmar (Burma) and Thailand, but is a very popular cat today and is domestically bred in Europe and across North America.
The Burmese cat is thought to have been originally brown in colour but years of the selective breeding of the Burmese cat has meant that today the Burmese cat can be found in many different colours including black, lilac and even ginger.
The Burmese cat is best known for its beautiful soft fur, which is normally in incredible condition. The Thai name for the Burmese cat is subh-bha-lak , which means fortunate, beautiful and splendid in appearance.
The Burmese cat is a popular breed of domestic cat due to its playful and energetic nature. Burmese cats adore to be around humans and are extremely affectionate and loving pets.
The Burmese cat is a very intelligent animal and is constantly curious and inquisitive in its surroundings. The Burmese cat is also one of the more vocal breeds of domestic cat, along with one of the most elegant.View all 66 animals that start with B
1. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
2. Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
3. David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
4. Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
5. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
6. Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals