November 8, 2019
AZ Animals Staff
Average Litter Size: 4
Slogan: Thought to have originated in the Middle East!
Persian Physical Characteristics:Colour: Black, White, Fawn, Brown, Golden
The Persian cat is one of the most common exotic cat breeds for people to keep as pets. The Persian cat is thought to originate from the Persian area of the Middle East, which is today's Iran. Most Persian cat breeding is in the United States.
The Persian cat makes a fantastic household pet as they are quiet and good-natured. One disadvantage of owning a Persian cat is they do need looking after, mainly as the Persian cat has long hair, this needs to be brushed regularly to stop it getting matted together.
The Persian cat is a medium-sized stockily built cat with a rounded body and short limbs. The Persian cat often has a fairly wide face with large eyes and a muzzle of longer fur around its nose and mouth.
Due to its long silky fur, general appearance and calm temperament, the Persian cat is one of the most popular breeds of domestic cat in the world. Today, the Persian cat is among the most common domestic cat breeds in the United States.
The Persian cat is an intelligent animal and enjoys human interaction and companionship. Persian cats are also one of the most long-living of all domestic cat breeds and are often said to be a seen as a family member by their owners.
1. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
2. Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
3. David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
4. Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
5. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
6. Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals