Maine Coon Facts
Most widely used name for this species
The area where the animal first came from
The average length (L) or height (H) of the animal
The average measurement of how heavy the animal is
The average time the animal lives for
The domestic group such as cat or dog
The colour of the animal's coat or markings
|Blue, Lilac, Fawn, Cream, Brown, Black, Golden, Ginger|
|Average Litter Size:|
The average number of babies born at once
The way the animal thinks, behaves or reacts
|Intelligent, loving and affectionate|
Maine Coon Location
Map of North America
The Maine Coon is a popular domestic breed of cat due to its large size, long silky fur and its calm and gentle nature. The Maine Coon is an intelligent and affectionate breed of cat that loves to be active and to be around humans and other animals.
Are you Safe?
Are you Safe? is an online safety campaign by A-Z-Animals.com. If something has upset you, the Are you Safe? campaign can help you to speak to someone who can help you.Are you Safe?
Maine Coon Comments
Update your Maine Coon phobia filter.
View printer friendly version of Maine Coon article.
Learn how you can use or cite the Maine Coon article in your website content, school work and other projects.
First Published: 11th November 2008, Last Updated: 8th November 2019
1. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals [Accessed at: 11 Nov 2008]
2. David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia [Accessed at: 01 Jan 2011]
3. Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals [Accessed at: 11 Nov 2008]
4. Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species [Accessed at: 01 Jan 2009]
5. Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals [Accessed at: 11 Nov 2008]