September 22, 2020
AZ Animals Staff
Average Litter Size: 5
Slogan: An exceptionally agile jumper!
Siberian Physical Characteristics:Colour: Cream, Brown, Lilac, Fawn, Golden, Black, White
Known to be an exceptionally agile jumper, the Siberian cat is a strong and powerfully built cat, with strong hindquarters and large, well rounded paws. They have barrel chests and medium sized ears, broad foreheads, and stockier builds than other domestic cat breeds.
Siberian cats are often double the size of other domestic cat breeds and have extremely thick, long fur. The fur of the Siberian cat is made of three layers which all help to keep the Siberian cat warm during the bitter Siberian winters.
The Siberian cat is a popular household pet around the world both due to its large size and its loyal nature. The Siberian cat is known to be very loving and affectionate towards humans and other household animals too.
The Siberian cat, although popular, is not an easy-to-keep cat as they do need a fair bit of maintenance. The thick fur of the Siberian cat moults twice a year and it has to be brushed regularly in order to keep it in a good condition.View all 63 animals that start with S
1. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
2. Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
3. David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
4. Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
5. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
6. Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals