November 2, 2020
AZ Animals Staff
Turkish Angora Facts:
Average Litter Size: 4
Slogan: A breed that originated in central Turkey!
Turkish Angora Physical Characteristics:Colour: Brown, Fawn, White, Cream, Lilac
Skin Type: Hair
The Turkish Angora is a breed of domestic cat natively found in Turkey. Turkish Angoras are one of the ancient, naturally-occurring cat breeds, having originated in central Turkey, in the Ankara region.
The Turkish Angora is mostly white in colour and has a silky, medium-long length coat, no undercoat and a fine bone structure. The Turkish Angora cat breed is also known to have bright blue eyes and occasionally eyes that are of a different colour (like one blue eye and one yellow eye).
There seems to be a connection between Ankara Cats and Persian cats and the Turkish Angora is also a distant cousin of the Turkish Van cat. Although the Turkish Angora does share some characteristics with the Persian cat, they are distinctly different species.
Although Turkish Angora cats are known for their shimmery white coat, currently there are more than twenty varieties including black, blue, reddish fur. They come in tabby and tabby-white, along with smoke varieties, and are in every colour other than pointed, lavender, and cinnamon.
The Turkish Angora cat is a popular domestic cat breed today mainly due to their usually white coat, blue eyes and their playful personality. Turkish Angora cats are active animals and are very loving and affectionate towards their owners.View all 21 animals that start with T
- David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
- Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
- David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
- Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
- David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
- Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals