September 22, 2020
AZ Animals Staff
Training: Should be trained from an early age due to their large size
Average Litter Size: 7
Slogan: Affectionate, gentle and even-tempered!
Bloodhound Physical Characteristics:Colour: Brown, Tan, Black
The bloodhound is a gentle dog who is nonetheless tireless in following a scent. Due to the strong tracking instinct of the bloodhound, the bloodhound can be willful and somewhat difficult to obedience train. However, with the proper amount of time, effort, and how well you treat the bloodhound, this can be achieved easily.
The bloodhound is very affectionate, gentle, and even-tempered and bloodhounds make excellent family pets but, like any large breed, the bloodhound will require supervision when around small children because the bloodhound could easily knock them over with their large size.
Bloodhounds are also characterized by a stubborn whats-in-it-for-me? temperament, which along with the size and excessive drooling of the bloodhound, means that there is a high number of bloodhounds given up for adoption once full-grown in comparison with other breeds.View all 66 animals that start with B
1. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
2. Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
3. David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
4. Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
5. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
6. Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals