November 8, 2019
AZ Animals Staff
Russian Blue Facts:
Average Litter Size: 6
Slogan: First brought to the UK in the 1800s!
Russian Blue Physical Characteristics:Colour: Lilac, Blue
The Russian blue cat is also known as the Archangel blue cat, and is thought to have originated from the port of Arkhangelsk in Russia. The Russian blue cat was brought to the United Kingdom in the 1800s where it has been domestically bred since.
The Russian blue cat has a blue/silver coloured coat and the Russian blue cat is known to be highly intelligent and playful but tend to be timid around strangers. The Russian Blue can be easily trained.
The Russian blue cat has also been known to develop close bonds with their human companions and are highly sought after due to the Russian blue cat's personality and unique coat.
The Russian blue cat has a long, slender body with short fur. The fur of the Russian blue cat grows in a double cat which helps to provide the Russian blue cat with additional insulation in the bitter northern winters.
The Russian blue cat is not only popular because of its calm and loving nature, but the Russian blue cat is one of the few domestic breeds that are not known to be prone to illness or carry genetic defaults.
1. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
2. Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
3. David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
4. Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
5. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
6. Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals