September 22, 2020
AZ Animals Staff
Average Litter Size: 5
Slogan: Thought to have originated in the 1960s!
Snowshoe Physical Characteristics:Colour: Cream, Brown, Lilac, Fawn, Golden, Black, White
The snowshoe cat is generally a fawn to chocolate in colour and has darker coloured markings on its ears, tail and back with white markings on the face, chest and feet.
The snowshoe cat is seen to be a sturdy cat, with pointed features with lean and muscular features. The elegance of the snowshoe cat has meant that today the snowshoe cat is an increasingly popular breed of domestic cat, despite the fact that the snowshoe can often be relatively small in size.
The snowshoe cat has soft, thick fur and is well known for its calm and affectionate nature. Although the snowshoe cat has its placid moments, it is also a very active breed of cat, a trait which the snowshoe cat inherits from the curious Siamese cat.
Snowshoe cats are loving and loyal animals and are not greatly happy when they are left on their own. Snowshoe cats are known to be very vocal animals and enjoy to make themselves heard in the household.View all 63 animals that start with S
1. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2011) Animal, The Definitive Visual Guide To The World's Wildlife
2. Tom Jackson, Lorenz Books (2007) The World Encyclopedia Of Animals
3. David Burnie, Kingfisher (2011) The Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia
4. Richard Mackay, University of California Press (2009) The Atlas Of Endangered Species
5. David Burnie, Dorling Kindersley (2008) Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Animals
6. Dorling Kindersley (2006) Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia Of Animals